Stellar1030

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
So, this PC is not even a month old yet, and since day 1 I've had issues with the DVD drive. When I put in a cd, it will read it(slowly, mind you), and the sound is super garbled and basically unlistenable. DVD playback is fine, but it takes a very very very long time to Rip music, or to install a game. The sound is also crazy loud, sounds like an industrial sized fan. I'm using a Samsung 22x Super Writemaster DVD-RW drive, Asus M4A77TD mobo, AMD x2 240 processor, Windows 7 64bit, 4gb of ram. Any help or insight on this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

fastx21

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
First thing we would recommend outside the cyberpower subforum is to try a different dvd drive. But since you did buy such a system why not call them for their "customer service?"

Stellar1030

Distinguished
May 30, 2010
But since you did buy such a system why not call them for their "customer service?"

2 reasons. The first is that Cyberpower's tech support is terribad, and very slow to respond. The second is that if I DO get ahold of them all they will tell me to do is send my PC back, and I'd rather fix this myself(if possible) and avoid being without a PC for X amount of days/weeks.