Need Help Re-Flashing GPU BIOS

redechelon

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009
Hey everyone,

Alright, so I have 2 5770's in CrossFire which I've had OC'd for many months. After finding many stable configurations, I decided to try and flash them so I don't have to run these programs in the background all the time. After days of reading, I got RBE/WinFlash/ATIFlash etc... and once I flashed successfully and restarted, I get the blue screen. :??:

Well i saved a back-up of my original BIOS and it does boot into safe-mode, however the flashing programs won't start in safe mode... So my first thought is that i'm going to need to do it with a bootable floppy/USB. Well I don't have a floppy drive, so I read up on USB's.

In every guide that i've read people tell me to place ATIflash, the BIOS, and "boot files" onto the USB. I have never made a bootable floppy/USB. I have no idea what "boot files" consist of, and am quite confused.

Simply put, It would be GREATLY appreciated if someone can link/explain how I would go about returning to my original BIOS. How do I make a bootable USB?

Additionally... would it be possible to disable both of my cards, and boot normally without them? Can you flash them if they're disabled?

Thank you, Thank you :D

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Well... not sure if this will help you in anyway, but you might want to check out UBCD:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

I use it at work to image machines after people manage to somehow destroy their work computers. I personally have never used it to create a Windows bootable USB flash drive (I get the great joy of working on the Macs :cry: ), but my colleague has.

I'm not sure what kind of software support it has, though, so it may or may not work for you.