Looking for recommendations to finish my build

vizering

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Hi guys, so my 6 year old PC P4 3.0 Ghz HT with 1G of ram just exploded due to a power shortage. Yay! This was the final push I needed to finally upgrade my PC, and boy is it due time.

So I`ve been reading and researching about what`s new and decided I`m going to build my PC around the monitor and 1920x1080 resolution. Ideally I would like to play my games at this resolution as well.

Currently the games I would like to play are Mass Effect 1, 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. In the near future I will play StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3. None of these games require the best of the best to run, but I know I will still need something powerful to run these games at my desired resolution flawlessly. That is what I want.

The monitor of choice is the Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23".

My CPU of choice is the Intel Core i7 920. Everything else is open.

Help me find suitable components, I have a flexible budget around $1,000.00 CDN for just the tower.

vizering

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Cool I'm going to read the mobo review right now. I selected the same one myself and created a thread listing all components for my build.

Most of the stuff is similar to your list however I would like to go SLi in a year or two and wonder if the antec 300 can sjavascript:%20validform(this);upport 2 5870's?

Also, the PSU you have chosen is 550W to my 750W - what is a safe PSU if I plan to OC my cpu and SLI the GPU's?

Here is a link to my build: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/287183-31-first-time-build-gaming-wait

For two 5870s in Crossfire a 750W would be correct.
The Antec 300 would hold 2 5780s and all your parts without a problem. But I'll say it would have been a better choice for 2x 5770s and a 550W PSU.
But since you are planning for 2x 5870s upgrading your case also makes sense.
What style of case do you want? Aggressive, windowed gaming case?