Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

E6700 pentium dual core or e7500 core 2 duo?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a c 131 à CPUs
August 1, 2010 9:39:03 PM

Because that benchmark sight is not that accurate.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/87?vs=60
The E6750 has the same specs as the 6700.

And this makes perfect sense too. The higher clockspeed of the E7500 is more than enough to make up for its lack of cache. Plus the E7500 is built on 45nm not 65nm like the 6700 so it will likely run a bit cooler.
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36503
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27251

Ok so I looked at the list. The reason you thought the E6700 was faster is because you were looking at a 3.2GHz version that does not exist. If you look at the 2.66GHz one, it is slower than the E7500 according to that website.
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a c 131 à CPUs
August 1, 2010 9:55:25 PM

I guess I'm mistaken then. I was unable to find that model on the intel site.

Oh there it is. Ok so I figured out I was looking at the core 2 duo E6700. I've always hated intel naming schemes lol.

So let me try again. The over 0.2GHz of speed the E6700 has over the E7500, more than makes up for the extra cache of the E7500.
Share
a c 105 à CPUs
August 1, 2010 10:31:21 PM

enzo matrix said:
Because that benchmark sight is not that accurate.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/87?vs=60
The E6750 has the same specs as the 6700.

And this makes perfect sense too. The higher clockspeed of the E7500 is more than enough to make up for its lack of cache. Plus the E7500 is built on 45nm not 65nm like the 6700 so it will likely run a bit cooler.
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36503
http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27251

Ok so I looked at the list. The reason you thought the E6700 was faster is because you were looking at a 3.2GHz version that does not exist. If you look at the 2.66GHz one, it is slower than the E7500 according to that website.


you selected the wrong the CPU on the benchmark list!!!....what where those rude statement said to me by a certain someone when I did that????...oh yeah....i won't repeat them here....

cpatel
the real world difference between the two CPUs is slight and not worth the $20 difference. I would personally go with the e6700.
Score
0
a c 131 à CPUs
August 1, 2010 10:42:05 PM

ct1615 said:
you selected the wrong the CPU on the benchmark list!!!....what where those rude statement said to me by a certain someone when I did that????...oh yeah....i won't repeat them here....

What is your goat with me? I made a simple small correction for you so there is absolutely no confusion and you started insulting me, being rude to me and just plain being mean.
I would have had no problem if you would have come to this thread and said "you selected the wrong one. He was talking about the pentium dual core" then linked him to the correct one. All I said was "you selected the wrong one" and then I linked the correct models. I will never understand how you could have taken that so personally.
Score
0
August 1, 2010 10:45:49 PM

Dear pettyness,
Cut it out. I want my question answered, leave the BS out please. And Enzo I did sense sarcasm from you so kindly leave my thread.

If anyone else has opinions let me know your honest one I'm asking because I truly want opinions from people that may know something I don't, and I don't appreciate sarcasm.
Score
0
a c 131 à CPUs
August 1, 2010 10:49:41 PM

I apologize then. The problem with reading, is that it is impossible to sense the emotion of the person's post. There was no sarcasm in my post. I was only trying to help. And to be honest, I am a bit hurt that you would think otherwise.
Score
0
August 1, 2010 10:50:30 PM

enzo matrix said:
I apologize then. The problem with reading, is that it is impossible to sense the emotion of the person's post. There was no sarcasm in my post. I was only trying to help. And to be honest, I am a bit hurt that you would think otherwise.


In that case I retract. Thank you for clarifying.
Score
0
August 1, 2010 10:51:45 PM

Best answer selected by cpatel1987.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
July 14, 2011 5:43:13 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!