Sign in with
Your question

Random reboots, check disks, and blue screens

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2010 6:08:06 PM

Ok, so, just built my new computer. And it's awsome! Crysis has never run so fast in my life!... But theres a problem.

Everytime, or ever 2nd time i turn on my computer, my system HAS to do a chkdisk. Once it's done, i put in my password. After words, I wait, and my system goes blue screen. This happens about 3 times, before my computer, just works. Nothings wrong, it works perfectly fine, and everything.

I was hoping, maybe it's faulty memory? I don't know. I need help! It's really starting to scare me...

P.S. this is my first build.
May 31, 2010 11:07:12 AM

^ Did you change any settings in the BIOS ? and do you have the latest drivers/ firmwares for the parts ?? And post your config...
m
l
Related resources
May 31, 2010 4:45:10 PM

No i didn't change any settings in BIOS. Yes i have the latest drivers for my motherboard\VGA. And mouse and everything.

My config:
XFX Radeon 5770 XXX edition
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard
G-SKILL Ripjaws, 2 gig ram x2. (so 4 gigs :p )
Kingwin Mach 1 600w psu.
AMD Phenom 2 X4 Quad core cpu 2.8 ghz
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 tb hard drive.

I hope thats what you meant by config xD lol
m
l
June 2, 2010 8:27:02 PM

Yes they are new. i just troubleshooted by taking out one of my ram sticks. And, it didn't blue screen on boot, and there hasnt been a random reboot so far.

I would like to let you know i was running the ram in Double channel. I want to try to run both ram sticks, but is there a way I can run them without them being in dual channel? Like, spacing the DIMM slots by 1?
m
l
June 2, 2010 8:34:23 PM

sound alike a bad ram stick then.

Run Memtest overnight 8 passes minimum, should take around 12 hrs.
See how many errors pop up with both sticks in.

m
l
June 3, 2010 4:12:28 AM

^ +1 sounds like a bad stick...Just check it once again and send it for RMA if the problem persists...
m
l
!