Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Whats this ?

Last response: in CPUs
August 1, 2010 10:39:51 PM

im looking to overclock one of my old Gaming PC CPU that i made. well i was looking at some stuff and found this and i have know idea what this means

More about : whats

August 1, 2010 11:08:37 PM

Ajs47951 said:
im looking to overclock one of my old Gaming PC CPU that i made. well i was looking at some stuff and found this and i have know idea what this means
http://i28.tinypic.com/2rmb0a1.jpg

Hmm...hyperthread clockspeed? The other possibility is power saving feature, but I don't recall a Pentium 4 having it. Never seen that before. Check system information instead and see what it is. Heck if you want triple check with program CPUID, tis free.
m
l
a c 215 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
August 1, 2010 11:11:06 PM

Download CPU-Z and post a screen shot of the first tab. The 2.4GHz is the speed its supposed to be, the number you boxed is the actual clock speed. It seems like you might have some bad memory too, 992MB isnt a standard number, im not even sure how you can get to that number.
m
l
Related resources
August 1, 2010 11:15:27 PM

Well 1024-992=32 MB, so something is reserving that 32 MB. Hence that seems like a standard number.

But ya lol thats what I meant, CPU-Z, the websites www.cpuid.com
m
l
a c 131 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
August 1, 2010 11:16:21 PM

hunter315 said:
im not even sure how you can get to that number.

1024-32. Maybe he's using integrated graphics with 32mb of ram set aside for them?
m
l
August 1, 2010 11:26:44 PM

this is what Cpuz shows

allso this

And there is 32mb integrated graphics but i don't use it because i have a 6800Gtx in it
but this is not the pc im using all just for LAN party

Also for Ram theres 2 sticks of 512 im going to add 3gigs

And i can't remember if this cpu has hyperthread its been a long time and if it has it how would hyperthread make it any faster?
Im not a Intel fan AMD is were its at lol
m
l
August 1, 2010 11:35:13 PM

will do that right now will pics in like 2min maybe

heres what i have it at

Also how do i set BIOS to use the graphics card only. were at would i go?

And Thanks every one for the help and for posting :sol: 
m
l
a c 215 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
August 1, 2010 11:42:10 PM

To get your CPU to its rated speed, the FSB speed should be 133MHz rather than the ~100MHz that it is currently at.
m
l
August 1, 2010 11:54:35 PM

Ajs47951 said:
will do that right now will pics in like 2min maybe

heres what i have it at
http://i28.tinypic.com/ra0pih.jpg

Also how do i set BIOS to use the graphics card only. were at would i go?

http://i32.tinypic.com/14mwg75.jpg

And Thanks every one for the help and for posting :sol: 

I don't know the exact location for the graphics settings, but fish around its gotta be there somewhere. While looking, just look for on board graphics option or integrated graphics option or something labeled like that.

Also set the CPU Host/SDRAM/PCI clock to default first cuz I don't know what memory you have.
m
l
August 2, 2010 12:19:30 AM

heres default

m
l
August 2, 2010 12:41:34 AM

:pfff:  now i just tryed to over clock the cpu and did not look at what i did and now the bios dose not like me lol
so i restated and the pc started to beep........ :fou:  last time i herd a pc do that i burnt up the cpu so i unplug from the wall as fast as i could........... :o  so how can i get the bios back to default because the screen is black? :( 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2010 12:48:46 AM

Ajs47951 said:
:pfff:  now i just tryed to over clock the cpu and did not look at what i did and now the bios dose not like me lol
so i restated and the pc started to beep........ :fou:  last time i herd a pc do that i burnt up the cpu so i unplug from the wall as fast as i could........... :o  so how can i get the bios back to default because the screen is black? :( 

Do a CMOS reset, then when you are re-entering the BIOS settings go into the "Integrated Peripherals" menu and see if your onboard VGA can be turned off.
m
l
August 2, 2010 1:03:55 AM

i toke CMOS battery.started it up tern it off but bat back in and now im getting floppy dive a error
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
a b 4 Gaming
August 2, 2010 1:08:32 AM

It's usually a jumper setting to reset CMOS but nevermind, you will need to reset the boot order and as the default is to boot from floppy and halt on all errors you will need to disable the floppy seek option.
August 2, 2010 1:37:17 AM

Ty it works now and Ty ever for the help :wahoo:  :wahoo:  :wahoo:  :sol: 
m
l
August 2, 2010 1:38:32 AM

Best answer selected by Ajs47951.
m
l
!