Fujitsu P-Series Touchpad Annoyance

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 11, 2004 10:15:44 PM

I have had this laptop for approx 1 year. Maybe less. It has the touchpad
mouse and if I had a dollar for every time it erased something I was
typing - before I could click "undo" I would be as rich as Bill Gates....
Seriously .. I use an external mouse but several times a day my STUPID thumb
will cause me to erase stuff that I can't get back. I tried to disable it
COMPLETELY .. I don't remember what I tried, maybe it was a hardware profile
... I can't remember but it gives me a headache just thinking about it ..
Other than duct tape and a piece of cardboard, is there a solution ??
Thanks.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
JeWITCH AT
QOAM DOT COM
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸
·.·
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2004 10:32:29 PM

JeWITCH wrote:
> I have had this laptop for approx 1 year. Maybe less. It has the
> touchpad mouse and if I had a dollar for every time it erased
> something I was
> typing - before I could click "undo" I would be as rich as Bill
> Gates.... Seriously .. I use an external mouse but several times a
> day my STUPID thumb will cause me to erase stuff that I can't get
> back. I tried to disable it COMPLETELY .. I don't remember what I
> tried, maybe it was a hardware profile .. I can't remember but it
> gives me a headache just thinking about it .. Other than duct tape
> and a piece of cardboard, is there a solution ?? Thanks.

Next time you boot up, press the key to get into your BIOS setup (F2
probably) and look around for an option called "Internal Pointing Device"
and you should either be able to select "Disable" or "Disable when external
device connected".

Hope that helps!

---
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2004 11:10:47 PM

"TV Slug wrote:

| Next time you boot up, press the key to get into your BIOS setup (F2
| probably) and look around for an option called "Internal Pointing Device"
| and you should either be able to select "Disable" or "Disable when
external
| device connected".
|
| Hope that helps!

I just worked on a recent Fujitsu model and there was an option in the
System Tray application/Mouse applet in Control Panel to Disable or Disable
when External Device Connected.

Jef
a b D Laptop
October 13, 2004 12:50:04 AM

I will try in the Bios, because there isn't the option in the tray and I
can't set up a profile with it disabled, I tried to do that from the control
panel, mouse, and also in Devices. I can uninstall it, but it only comes
back. Thanks, I will let you know how it works. diane

"Jef Norton" <jefn_REMOVE_YOUR_SHORTS_@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "TV Slug wrote:
>

> | Next time you boot up, press the key to get into your BIOS setup (F2
> | probably) and look around for an option called "Internal Pointing
Device"
> | and you should either be able to select "Disable" or "Disable when
> external
> | device connected".
> |
> | Hope that helps!
> |

> I just worked on a recent Fujitsu model and there was an option in the
> System Tray application/Mouse applet in Control Panel to Disable or
Disable
> when External Device Connected.
>
> Jef

October 13, 2004 8:22:44 PM

Only for the adventurous: Open case, unplug connector cable between
touchpad and mainboard, tape end if it's a ribbon cable with bare
ends, close case.

!