graphics control panel failed to initialize

jrs

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2001

When I restart my computer I am getting the following message....

ati control panel failed to initialize becasue no ati driver is installed or
ati driver is not working properly. the ati control panel will now exit.

if I were starting my computer from the off position...it may take several
times of on/off to get it to turn over.

i have reloaded the driver. i have talked to sony as I have a sony vaio
notebook...and they said to reformat my hard drive which is a nightmare for
me.

is this a hardware or software problem? is there any software to fix this?

Perhaps you should contact ATI?

"ATI Customer Care is our commitment to ensure that all our customers
receive a positive product experience from installation to usability and
performance."
http://www.ati.com/support/contact.html

Modem Ani