graphics control panel failed to initialize

When I restart my computer I am getting the following message....

ati control panel failed to initialize becasue no ati driver is installed or
ati driver is not working properly. the ati control panel will now exit.

if I were starting my computer from the off position...it may take several
times of on/off to get it to turn over.

i have reloaded the driver. i have talked to sony as I have a sony vaio
notebook...and they said to reformat my hard drive which is a nightmare for
me.

is this a hardware or software problem? is there any software to fix this?
1 answer Last reply
More about graphics control panel failed initialize

    Perhaps you should contact ATI?

    "ATI Customer Care is our commitment to ensure that all our customers
    receive a positive product experience from installation to usability and
    performance."
    http://www.ati.com/support/contact.html

    Modem Ani

    "JRS" <JRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I restart my computer I am getting the following message....
    >
    > ati control panel failed to initialize becasue no ati driver is installed
    > or
    > ati driver is not working properly. the ati control panel will now exit.
    >
    > if I were starting my computer from the off position...it may take several
    > times of on/off to get it to turn over.
    >
    > i have reloaded the driver. i have talked to sony as I have a sony vaio
    > notebook...and they said to reformat my hard drive which is a nightmare
    > for
    > me.
    >
    > is this a hardware or software problem? is there any software to fix
    > this?

Configuration Control Panel ATI Windows XP