Trouble with graphics card...anyone with some suggestions?

G

Hi

I've purchased the following:

I5 2.67GHz Quad Core Intel CPU
Gigabyte p55-us3l motherboard
4GB compatible memory
HD5670 Sapphire Ati graphics card (512MB GDDR5)

I have an LCD monitor, not HD, and a 50" plasma by which I connect with via an HD cable, 1080p.

Now for the problem.

When watching an intro into a movie or tv, when a slow shot pans across the screen, the flow of the picture will jarr ever so slightly so the picture doesn't pan smoothly.

I've tried a 1GB Radeon 4770 ATI card and that was no good, did the same. But a the salesman at another shop recomended what I have now and says he uses a similar setup and it doesn't happen to him, although in saying this I'm not quite sure how much of this is actually the sales talk!

I also have an additional problem. When watching on the plasma there is an inch black border around the picture. How do I get this to use the full plasma screen? I'm also concerned with picture burn. I had a previous, much lower spec desktop, not HD and never experienced this. When playing around with the various graphics cards I noticed that after the desktop was slightly burned into the plasma. I've managed to get rid of the burn, but don't leave my desktop on the plasma anymore.

Any idea's what graphics card I should try next and why I suddendly experience picture burn?

Thanks for any feedback.

Bklondon

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Plasma screens are known to not being able to keep up the pace with PC's and consoles. About the black border.. its up to ur preferences and options in ur graphics menu's and the TV's settings

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Connecting TV's to PC's isnt as easy as it sounds - you need to understand a lot of issues.

Jarring when scrolling - what else is running? How many processes are in Task Manager - I like to see 40 or less.
What is CPU utilization looking like?

You didnt mention if the jarring was on the LCD and Plasma or just one of them or both.

Black border - assuming the PC is set for 1080p - there are adjustments on the PC to fill up the screen - but make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI. Open CCC and look for the tab.

Plasma burn - well come on - if you are worried about burn dont use a plasma....thats what they do - and PCs' usually leave static images up for long periods which causes burn.

Personally I think the system is fine - you have something running on your PC (Indexing perhaps) or many things that are causing your underlying issue...