ASUS Xonar D1 killed all video

Canonman67

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Hello,
I just tried to install an ASUS Xonar D1 on my PQ5 Pro turbo motherboard and I lost my video. What am I doing wrong?

Solution

Maybe there is some sort of IRQ conflict go into the bios and disable any onboard audio if possible or change the IRQ of the sounds card! Advanced peripherals settings I believe!

Canonman67

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Checked all that. Everything's plugged in. Removed the card and still didn't have video except for the mouse pointer. During the dark time the computer would crash and reboot. Ran Windows repair twice and finally got things back. Wondering if I need to send the card back or if I did something wrong.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe there is some sort of IRQ conflict go into the bios and disable any onboard audio if possible or change the IRQ of the sounds card! Advanced peripherals settings I believe!

Solution

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

No Problem Just Tricks of the Trade from Maximum PC-Nick Burns info From SNL and A+ Certification 2001;) next Step for me is that New Green Fundamentals PC Certification from Comptia I just need the cash! I wish I could get 1 dollar for every correct answer or 10 bucks an award!

I use the PCI version on my X38.

EDIT. I have a reason for wanting to know which interface OP is using as either is available for his motherboard.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

PCI-E x1 lookslike one lego block really small aq thumbnail. PCI is devided in two short left lego-long right lego! AGP is Brown and PCI-E looks like PCI-E x1 but longer and on top where AGp should be. All you have to do is download a manual or look at your mainboard manual and it shows the topography!

I want to know what interface the ORIGINAL POSTER is using. The card He is using is available in PCIE x1 and also PCI. Click on My Configuration. I want OP to answer because you have no idea what interface his card is. He never mentioned it.