Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Rate my soon-to-be PC?(Also, opinion on pirating?)

Last response: in Systems
May 30, 2010 8:03:27 PM

Hey yall, here by new Gaming PC that Im ordering off of newegg.(part by part, of course.)
On a scale from 1-100

Saphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128bit DDR3 2.0 PCIe
AMD Athlon II X4 2.6Ghz 620
(Should be OCing to about 2.8/2.9)
ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX
Seagate 320GB(20GB left) from my old Acer Aspire X1200 Slimine
3GB RAM from the Acer

Thats pretty much it, Ill worry about the CD drives later.
What I want to know is how you would rate my PC from 1-10,
How the HD 5770 compares to GeForce 9800GT, 8800GS/GTS
What benefits I will get from buying this combo,
Anything you would change,
Could I play GTA:IV @(15-25FPS), MW2 @(30-45 FPS) and CS:Source @(30-50 FPS) and mostly alot of Source/Unreal Engine games.

AND FINALLY,
what are YOUR personal opinions on pirating, whether it be programs, games, movies, music, w/e.
***OBVIOUSLY IT IS ILLEGAL IM MOST CASES, and I know msot of you have a facade view on this do to the situation, but I want to know YOUR personal opinion on it. Thanks!

More about : rate opinion pirating

May 30, 2010 8:25:05 PM

Rating: 30/100.

HD5770 is faster than 9800gt, and has Dx 11+Less power use.

Changes: 3gb of Ram? You have a dual channel MOBO, you need 2x2gb not 3x1gb.

And uh, on the gmes: GTA IV- NO!

MW2- Yes, at 60+frames.

Cs:Souce: Yep will work.

Pirating:

In strict accourdance to Tom's rules on Pirating, Bob is agianst pirating.
Score
May 30, 2010 8:35:26 PM

i think i have 1x1 GB and 1x2GB, I'll probably get new RAM tho so 2x2GB.
Well right now i have 3GB RAM, Athlon X2 4200 and GeForce 9200 and i got about 8-14 FPS so im guessing I can get aleast 15-20?

Also, why 30? I mean for the performance/price ratio?

And do you think that Tom maybe had a bad experience with pirating one time? Did it touch him inappropriately?
Score
Related resources
May 30, 2010 10:37:23 PM

I give it a 30/100 becuse it is low end.

Its a good price/preformance, but it wont be shatering any benvchmarking records anytime soon.
Score
May 31, 2010 2:12:37 AM

Pirating is illegal for a reason. Take your job, you work hard at it to make something, and you find out everyone is getting it for free. Make you mad that you're making less money? It would make me mad too.
Score
May 31, 2010 2:31:29 AM

System will be good for medium to high settings at best. Why such a processor? You're better off with a rana 3.0 x3. And you don't want to use an old seagate HD, as such it'll bottleneck you even further. Same goes with your ram, is it even dual channel?

And regards to your last question, don't expect to get much responses. It is illegal in all cases and unless you want to get banned, learn not to talk about it.
Score
May 31, 2010 2:34:52 AM

Nitr0gen said:
Hey yall, here by new Gaming PC that Im ordering off of newegg.(part by part, of course.)
On a scale from 1-100

Saphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128bit DDR3 2.0 PCIe
AMD Athlon II X4 2.6Ghz 620
(Should be OCing to about 2.8/2.9)
ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX
Seagate 320GB(20GB left) from my old Acer Aspire X1200 Slimine
3GB RAM from the Acer

Thats pretty much it, Ill worry about the CD drives later.
What I want to know is how you would rate my PC from 1-10,
How the HD 5770 compares to GeForce 9800GT, 8800GS/GTS
What benefits I will get from buying this combo,
Anything you would change,
Could I play GTA:IV @(15-25FPS), MW2 @(30-45 FPS) and CS:Source @(30-50 FPS) and mostly alot of Source/Unreal Engine games.

AND FINALLY,
what are YOUR personal opinions on pirating, whether it be programs, games, movies, music, w/e.
***OBVIOUSLY IT IS ILLEGAL IM MOST CASES, and I know msot of you have a facade view on this do to the situation, but I want to know YOUR personal opinion on it. Thanks!

A couple of thoughts for you here,
"Saphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128bit DDR3 2.0 PCIe" will run your games, might not be at ridiculous high screen resolutions, and might not get high AA/Af settings but it will get good frame rates

AMD Athlon II X4 2.6Ghz 620 Will overclock to around 3.25GHz + or - (mine is running fine at 3.25 on stock cooling)

ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G if you can afford it will drive the system alot better and give you full OC control

Last thing, you didnt say what case your putting all this in, that can be important too, as you dont want to cook all this great hardware in a bad case!

Last last thing.......will NOT share my opinion on pirating here or anywhere else online...sorry strict company pollicy on that subject
Score
June 7, 2010 8:30:50 PM

Thanks all, but to magruder, no I wouldn't feel bad. Life isn't fair in the least bit. I make music, I make software, I sell them. But I don't care in the slightest bit if people pirate my work. Its not stealing, its redistribution. Im sorry if I don't want to be a greedy asshole and be happy with what I have and be happy of the fact that people are using my creation. But everyone else thanks a lot.
Score
June 7, 2010 9:10:10 PM

Nitr0gen said:
Thanks all, but to magruder, no I wouldn't feel bad. Life isn't fair in the least bit. I make music, I make software, I sell them. But I don't care in the slightest bit if people pirate my work. Its not stealing, its redistribution. Im sorry if I don't want to be a greedy asshole and be happy with what I have and be happy of the fact that people are using my creation. But everyone else thanks a lot.

Well, Sorry, But not everyone shares your view.

Some people don't want others to steal thier work.
Score
June 7, 2010 11:57:17 PM

Nitr0gen said:
I make music, I make software, I sell them. But I don't care in the slightest bit if people pirate my work. Its not stealing, its redistribution.
How long will you go to work if you dont get a paycheck? You are giving away what you do and asking for donations, you are not selling. You must not need the money to survive or you could not continue to do that.
Im sorry if I don't want to be a greedy asshole and be happy with what I have and be happy of the fact that people are using my creation. said:
Im sorry if I don't want to be a greedy asshole and be happy with what I have and be happy of the fact that people are using my creation.
You would feel differently if you couldn't feed your children today because because people can download what you do from some website.
Score
June 8, 2010 12:58:43 AM

Thats why I'm not ******* stupid enough to try to support MY family on something I do for little money. As long as the work made me happy, I dont give two shits about whether Id get paid or not.
Score
June 8, 2010 1:24:23 AM

Nitr0gen said:
Thats why I'm not ******* stupid enough to try to support MY family on something I do for little money.
So you dont like piracy when it afects you, but its ok when its someone else that suffers?
As long as the work made me happy, I dont give two shits about whether Id get paid or not. said:
As long as the work made me happy, I dont give two shits about whether Id get paid or not.
Thats a hobby, not a profession.
Score
June 8, 2010 2:03:53 AM

WTF? Dude? Could you take my words out of ANY MORE context? I said. I. DONT. GIVE. TWO. SHITS. IF. SOMEONE. PIRATES. MY. ***.
and also,
JUST BECAUSE I LIKE IT- DOESN'T MAKE IT A ******* HOBBY.
Score
June 8, 2010 2:08:43 AM

Per forums rules, discussions about illegal activities are not allowed and will lead to bans. Hence, we do not talk about certain subjects here.

If you want to talk about pirating, go to torrentfreak or some other place?

Build wise, you'll need to fill our form in sticky link in my sig for any good advice. Things like budget for example are nice to know.
Score
June 8, 2010 8:23:15 AM

Nitr0gen said:
WTF? Dude? Could you take my words out of ANY MORE context? I said. I. DONT. GIVE. TWO. SHITS. IF. SOMEONE. PIRATES. MY. ***.
and also,
JUST BECAUSE I LIKE IT- DOESN'T MAKE IT A ******* HOBBY.

Asking for pirated softwares,games etc. isn't allowed in the forums,and next time use a better language.
Score
June 8, 2010 8:23:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!