• Tuner Cards
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Displays
April 26, 2010 8:41:06 PM

As of now my video card has a VGA, DVI and HDMI port. My 28" center monitor is connected from the video card's DVI port to the monitors HDMI port. My 22" monitor that sits to the right of my main center monitor is hooked directly VGA to VGA (monitor to video card). My 47" LCD television is connected from an HDMI port behind the television to the HDMI port in the back of the video card. This fills up the slots on my video card.

My problem is that i'm having trouble getting all three devices to run together. I can get any of the two displays to actually work, but i'm unable to accomplish three displays at once. Is there something in windows that i haven't noticed? Is my video card capable of achieving this?

One would think that you would see three display options from the image above instead of two for however many combination's of duel monitors. I have also tried this with no success..

Could it be that i should try connecting a wire from the televisions VGA port into the back of the video cards VGA port? This would throw the 1080p down the drain from the television but maybe it's the only thing that i can do besides purchase a second video card.. (I only have one PCI express slot on my mobo)

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128059

Video Card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125293

What do you guys think? Please help! I will continue to try different things and keep the thread updated..

More about : unable display monitors video card time

April 28, 2010 2:24:19 AM

What manufacturer and model is the card (ie. ATI Radeon 5770, Nvidia GTX 260)

The card may not support output to 3 displays at the same time.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 28, 2010 5:08:13 AM

You'll only be able to display 3 monitors on a ati 5xxx series card, and even then some don't support eyefinity, If for example if you have one nvidia gtx 260 then even with 3 display connections, it can only run 2 of them
m
l
April 28, 2010 10:53:23 PM

Yes, that's what I was getting at.

ATI's two flagship technologies are Eyefinity and Crossfire/Crossfirex. Eyefinity is unique to the 5xxx series, while Crossfire is older. Eyefinity is the unique technology that allows a graphics card to output to three (or more) displays at once. Although the OS supports it, the card (or driver) does not.

If you do not have a 5xxx series, and you desperately need to display on 3 monitors at once, I suggest upgrading. However, I do not believe that any cards that support Eyefinity also have a D-sub (VGA) output, so if your D-sub monitor only supports D-sub input, this may not help.

Let me know if you do have a 5xxx series, and we'll go from there.

EDIT: When I clicked on the link for the video card, I was unable to open the page (Newegg came up, but said it did not exist. This is why I am asking for the card model)
m
l