Sign in with
Your question

Looking for an air compressor to clean up my computer

Last response: in Components
August 2, 2010 2:51:59 AM

Hey there i was wonder if u could help me finding an air compressor for my computer something like this one right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54nE-76PBBE

u know ive been looking for it all over the internet but i couldnt find something like that, maybe u guys can help me to find it
i want a decent air compressor not too expensive , not too strong it might break something and one that really get the job done.

Thank u! guys. ;) 
a c 271 ) Power supply
August 2, 2010 2:58:16 AM

You really dont want an air compressor like that just to clean your computer with unless you intend to get a nail gun too and do some home remodeling. An air compressor will cost you close to $200, a can of canned air from staples will cost you $5.
m
l
August 2, 2010 3:24:50 AM

hunter315 said:
You really dont want an air compressor like that just to clean your computer with unless you intend to get a nail gun too and do some home remodeling. An air compressor will cost you close to $200, a can of canned air from staples will cost you $5.

This.

Or a small vacuum with several nozzles. <- Thats what I use.

EDIT: I find the term "Canned air" in the quoted post funny. :D 
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2010 1:51:24 PM

If you're home gets terribly dusty or you have small animals in your home, nothing will clean out a PC like an air compressor. If you can find a decent air compressor on the cheap, I'd say go for it. Otherwise a decent shop-vac will work to blow out the dust too.
m
l
a c 243 ) Power supply
August 2, 2010 3:00:06 PM

hunter315 said:

You can find small compressors ( with brad gun included ) at places like Home Depot , Lowes , Sears and Kmart for under $100
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Prod...

Got mine on sale for $79 , haven't bought canned air for years and did some things around the house to make the wife happy.
m
l
a c 104 ) Power supply
August 2, 2010 3:14:23 PM

I use the household vacuum with a llong nozzle once a month and a bendy straw is good for focussed compression of the air in your lungs :p 
Moto
m
l
a c 271 ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 12:00:08 AM

Thats a nice little one you found there delluser, i hadnt seen them that small, that makes it a bit more reasonable to get a compressor than canned air.
m
l
July 16, 2012 9:17:40 PM

Good CMF but what about noise?

m
l
!