Double Check On Parts

This is my first build in a LONG time, so I am reaching out to my fellow tech enthusiasts for a double check on this parts list. I have a tendency of missing something and when you are spending this much that is a bad habit. The parts I have down are:

Computer Case: Silverstone Raven RV01B-W Black Full Tower Case ($199.99)

Power Supply (PSU): Ultra X4 1050-Watt Modular Power Supply ($229.99)

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard ($299.99)

Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 930 ($299.99)

Video Card: XFX HD587AZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 ($409.99)

Sound Card: Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card ($179.99)

RAM (Memory): Corsair Core i7 Dominator 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM ($199.99)

Hard Drive(s): Western Digital WD5001AALS Caviar Black Hard Drive ($59.99) (x2)

Disk Drive: Pioneer BDR-205 Blu Ray Burner ($199.99)

If you have any suggestions for better parts, or see a part that is incompattible please let me know. Thanks in advance guys your the best.
2 answers Last reply
More about double check parts
  1. Recommendations....

PSU: I would go with the Corsair CMPSU-850HX, which is plenty of power for a dual card setup, plus a better PSU.

Soundcard: I would drop the soundcard to start. On-board sound is very good now on motherboards, so most don't require an addon soundcard. I would check the on-board sound first before buying your soundcard.

HDD: I would go with the Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB for your hard drive. It is a faster drive as it is based off of a single 500GB platter versus two 250GB platters.

RAM: It is a good price for the Corsair RAM but for a little less you can get better RAM by getting the G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 RAM.

HSF: You don't have one listed, so I would look at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, which is one of the best heat sinks you can buy for the price.
  2. Looked at your suggestions loved them and the list has certainly changed. Have to be honest though seeing Samsung on an HDD makes me a bit hesitant going by their old models that I have worked with.

Thanks again man I owe you one for taking the time to look my list over.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product