G

This is my first build in a LONG time, so I am reaching out to my fellow tech enthusiasts for a double check on this parts list. I have a tendency of missing something and when you are spending this much that is a bad habit. The parts I have down are:

Computer Case: Silverstone Raven RV01B-W Black Full Tower Case ($199.99)

Power Supply (PSU): Ultra X4 1050-Watt Modular Power Supply ($229.99)

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium Motherboard ($299.99)

Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 930 ($299.99)

Video Card: XFX HD587AZNF9 Radeon HD 5870 ($409.99)

Sound Card: Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card ($179.99)

RAM (Memory): Corsair Core i7 Dominator 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM ($199.99)

Hard Drive(s): Western Digital WD5001AALS Caviar Black Hard Drive ($59.99) (x2)

Disk Drive: Pioneer BDR-205 Blu Ray Burner ($199.99)

If you have any suggestions for better parts, or see a part that is incompattible please let me know. Thanks in advance guys your the best.

tecmo34

Administrator
Recommendations....

PSU: I would go with the Corsair CMPSU-850HX, which is plenty of power for a dual card setup, plus a better PSU.

Soundcard: I would drop the soundcard to start. On-board sound is very good now on motherboards, so most don't require an addon soundcard. I would check the on-board sound first before buying your soundcard.

HDD: I would go with the Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB for your hard drive. It is a faster drive as it is based off of a single 500GB platter versus two 250GB platters.

RAM: It is a good price for the Corsair RAM but for a little less you can get better RAM by getting the G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 RAM.

HSF: You don't have one listed, so I would look at the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, which is one of the best heat sinks you can buy for the price.

G

Looked at your suggestions loved them and the list has certainly changed. Have to be honest though seeing Samsung on an HDD makes me a bit hesitant going by their old models that I have worked with.

Thanks again man I owe you one for taking the time to look my list over.