How to move only OS to new hdd ?

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012
guys, i've got a new hdd to replacing, and i just want to move only my windows 7 OS to there and leave other apps like games , music and others at my old hdd. What should i do ? Guide me guys....

Solution
what you are suggesting isn't exactly possible. Games are installed to a specific drive and can only be moved if you clone the drive to the new one. I would do a clean install on the new drive and reinstall the games you want to the secondary drive. If you can't do that why not just clone the whole drive?

kevin83

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
what you are suggesting isn't exactly possible. Games are installed to a specific drive and can only be moved if you clone the drive to the new one. I would do a clean install on the new drive and reinstall the games you want to the secondary drive. If you can't do that why not just clone the whole drive?

Solution

bfk1298

Honorable
May 21, 2012

Oh yes... i think clone all the driver to the new hdd is best and easy way. Just let my old hdd 4 secondary drive. Which clone software should i choose ?

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012

I am not saying to copy games, I said copy personal files. Documents, Pictures, maybe saved game files depending on the game, etc. Then do a clean install. Cloning can cause issues, I would rather do a clean install as you first suggested.