Sign in with
Your question

New SSD gives error 0xc000000e

Last response: in Storage
July 19, 2012 2:54:06 PM

Hello, I recently purchased a 128 GB Samsung 830 SSD. I'm trying to install a fresh copy of Windows on it using an EVGA 750i motherboard. The problem with my current motherboard is that it is using Nvidia's chip set so apparently there is no ACHI. Anyway, when I try to boot the machine, I get the error "0xc000000e," saying the drive isn't accessible. If I reboot enough, I can eventually get to desktop. When I'm at desktop, I change the SATA from Nvidia to the Microsoft default. When I try to restart, my computer freezes when trying to start Windows.

I want to get the most performance out of my SSD and be actually able to boot haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

More about : ssd error 0xc000000e

a c 519 V Motherboard
a c 148 G Storage
July 19, 2012 4:24:43 PM

Yes, the MB don't support AHCI mode, but you need to enable it so that SSD can support the TRIM command. Because it is the nvidia SATAI, you will not get the full speed of the samsung SSD, but the pc still boot up and shut down fast.

The SSD can use under IDE mode but it run much slow. Here is the link for benchmark for SATA and IDE mode
http://benchmarkreviews.com/index. [...] &Itemid=38

I have a pc that use the 750i FTW MB (Mushkin Chronos 120GB), what I did enter the BIOS >integrated peripherals>raid config>disabled. Save and Exit. Load the Win7 (only connect the SSD).

When you finish all, go to device manager. In my PC i will see "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller" under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" and there is the only "nvidia nForce SATA controller" under "storage controllers". And the SSD is show as the SCSI disk Device under disk Device.

m
l
!