Smart Media

I have an old Olympus Camedia D-340R camera that has a smart media card.
Since changing our operating system from Win ME to Win 98, I've lost the
ability to use the Smart Media card, in fact an icon is no longer shown and
the card is not recognized. I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite 2805-S603.
Any ideas? Thanks!!

---
More about smart media

    the ayottes wrote:
    > I have an old Olympus Camedia D-340R camera that has a smart media card.
    > Since changing our operating system from Win ME to Win 98, I've lost the
    > ability to use the Smart Media card, in fact an icon is no longer shown and
    > the card is not recognized. I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite 2805-S603.
    > Any ideas? Thanks!!

    Hi...

    Mean with a card reader?

    Or using the camera's serial port?

    If the serial port, then I'd suggest powering the
    computer down. Plug in the camera, and turn it on.
    Then start the computer. Hopefully windows will "find
    new hardware" and install it.

    Take care.

    Ken

    "the ayottes" <ogauge@chartermi.net> writes:

    > I have an old Olympus Camedia D-340R camera that has a smart media card.
    > Since changing our operating system from Win ME to Win 98, I've lost the
    > ability to use the Smart Media card, in fact an icon is no longer shown and
    > the card is not recognized. I have a laptop Toshiba Satellite 2805-S603.
    > Any ideas? Thanks!!

    I don't recall if the 340 was a USB device or serial device.

    Windows 98 did not support USB removable disks (most recent Olympus cameras
    show up as USB disks). I believe Camedia had drivers for Windows 98, but since
    I no longer have a Windows 98 system, I don't recall if it had the drivers or
    not. Also note, Windows 98 did not have good USB support. Windows 98SE fixed
    a lot of the bugs in the USB code.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org