Sign in with
Your question

When in dual monitor, how to pick on which monitor a game will play?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Dual Monitors
  • Games
  • CRT Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2010 9:45:16 PM

I have a geforce 9600gt and i'm using dual monitor. Crt as primary and lcd as secondary. Games generaly start always on the primary (crt) but there are some games i would like them to play on the secondary.

Is it possible to pick which monitor a game going to play ?

More about : dual monitor pick monitor game play

a b Î Nvidia
April 26, 2010 10:01:36 PM

Some games have config files , that can have a line of code that can use the non primary monitor.
April 27, 2010 12:41:29 AM

Switch wich way the DVI cables go from the Moniters to the vid card, and you will be running CRT as secondary, and LCD as primary, and that will fix your prolbklems.
Related resources
April 27, 2010 8:39:18 AM

Hm, not really. What i meant was:

-Bioshock 2 to run on the LCD;
-Unreal Tournament to run on the CRT:

I want to pick which game is going to run on each monitor. Is this possible ?
April 27, 2010 4:01:16 PM

Besides editing the config of the program, the only way I see you running the game on the monitor of your choice is:
1. To use windowed mode and drag it there.
2. Change your primary monitor in properties, settings.

Maybe there are other option but those are the two I could come up with. Tell me if anything previously told or mine work. Good luck!
May 11, 2010 12:33:28 PM

Manicslayer said:
Besides editing the config of the program, the only way I see you running the game on the monitor of your choice is:
1. To use windowed mode and drag it there.
2. Change your primary monitor in properties, settings.

Maybe there are other option but those are the two I could come up with. Tell me if anything previously told or mine work. Good luck!

Ultramon is my salvation :) 

Great software!
May 11, 2010 2:06:04 PM

Yeah I was gonna say Grab Ultramon. It lets you set what program opens in what window.
!