SSD No longer shows up

Retcha

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hi,

So I recently got myself a new laptop, and so I pulled out it's hdd and moved it's OS to a new SSD I bought via my old Desktop computer. That one works fine and is not my problem. My problem is this: I installed Paragon Migrate OS to SSD on my desktop, which has a Kingston SSDNow 100 in it. Last night, I was in a major rush, and I quickly booted my PC up to grab a file, and when I shut it down, Paragon popped up saying something. Like a fool, I did not read it, and clicked whatever just to make my PC shut down. Now, my SSD does not show up anywhere. I got a *No boot device* the first time I started up this morning. I tried putting it in an external, I have done a barebone install of windows on another HDD just to see if I can see it in storage devices, and I have tried a HDD unlock. All to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on recovery this drive? I have data on there I'd like to get back, but if the means involves loss of data...so be it.

Thanks

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
I do not think it is dead. You say there was a popup, you ignored it and then after that SSD no longer works. Unless it asked you to self destuct I doubt it is a dead drive. Try plugging it into another SATA port, if no luck try a different computer.

dingo07

Distinguished
There's ony a couple reasons it will not show up in the BIOS:
- not connected to sata port / bad cable
- no power
- BIOS is too old to recognize it
- dead drive

OP already stated he tried connecting it to another system and it didn't recognize it either