I have no disks can i still use recovery console

budjiman1

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hi people!
I have a question about trying to use recovery console in win xp sp3. I do not have my cds. Can I still use recovery console? I had a pretty bad trojan malware and adware infection and i would much rather just do a factory reset or system restore or something along those lines but like I said I can't find my cds. I have run malware bytes, spybot s&d, ccleaner, anvi and also avast as well as avg (all installed and used seperately). I also tried super anti spyware and a few other programs i can't remember at this moment. I even ran autoruns and wasn't exactly sure what to do with the info so i didn't do anything with it. Please help me out here. I have been working on this literally night and most of the day for over 10 days now. I am exhausted and really need help. Thank you in advance for anything you can assist me with! :cry:

pedropt

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
enter in safe mode in your windows and remove the trojan from there .

during startup of computer press F8 or F6 continually until you get the options menu in dos .

Then choose : log in in safe mode .
after you log in use a program to remove the malware or trojans .
It is advice that you have those programs to clean your computer on an independent usb pen .
i say this because if you have virus in your pc then those cleaning programs are problably infected .

Get malwarebytes and ccleaner .
and run them .
good luck .

pedropt

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
if you think you have virus then you must use antivirus .
get avp tool and run it in safe mode like i told you .
Dont worry about the infected files for now .
you can get avp tool here :
http://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-removal-tool?form=1
Try to log in safe mode , and see if you can get in to windows .

Other option is you have another computer with antivirus installed and remove the disk from infected computer and install it on the non infected computer for clean , and then put it again after cleaning .

first enter in safe mode and then write here what it happened .