Icons don't appear in Systray

duane

Hello all. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. The icons for some of the programs
that load on startup don’t appear in the systray. I know they have loaded by
checking the processes in the task manager. When I boot (reboot) the machine
sometimes all the icons appear, sometimes (9 out of 10 times) only a few will
appear. How can I fix this, any suggestions?
Thank you,
Duane

Enrique

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

what may be happening is that xp is just hiding your inactive system tray
icons do you happen to see a icon that looks like two little arrows. i
should be located in front of all the icons in the right hand corner. if you
click it it will display all your programs that are currently in the system
tray. hope that helps.

Enrique

"Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. The icons for some of the programs
> that load on startup don't appear in the systray. I know they have loaded
by
> checking the processes in the task manager. When I boot (reboot) the
machine
> sometimes all the icons appear, sometimes (9 out of 10 times) only a few
will
> appear. How can I fix this, any suggestions?
> Thank you,
> Duane

duane

I turn off that feature hoping it would resolve the problem, its something
else.

"Enrique" wrote:

> what may be happening is that xp is just hiding your inactive system tray
> icons do you happen to see a icon that looks like two little arrows. i
> should be located in front of all the icons in the right hand corner. if you
> click it it will display all your programs that are currently in the system
> tray. hope that helps.
>
> Enrique
>
> "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. The icons for some of the programs
> > that load on startup don't appear in the systray. I know they have loaded
> by
> > checking the processes in the task manager. When I boot (reboot) the
> machine
> > sometimes all the icons appear, sometimes (9 out of 10 times) only a few
> will
> > appear. How can I fix this, any suggestions?
> > Thank you,
> > Duane

TRENDING THREADS