Icons don't appear in Systray

February 3, 2005 10:21:02 PM

Hello all. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. The icons for some of the programs
that load on startup don’t appear in the systray. I know they have loaded by
checking the processes in the task manager. When I boot (reboot) the machine
sometimes all the icons appear, sometimes (9 out of 10 times) only a few will
appear. How can I fix this, any suggestions?
Thank you,
Duane

More about : icons systray

February 3, 2005 11:59:28 PM

what may be happening is that xp is just hiding your inactive system tray
icons do you happen to see a icon that looks like two little arrows. i
should be located in front of all the icons in the right hand corner. if you
click it it will display all your programs that are currently in the system
tray. hope that helps.

Enrique

"Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all. I have Windows XP Pro SP2. The icons for some of the programs
> that load on startup don't appear in the systray. I know they have loaded
by
> checking the processes in the task manager. When I boot (reboot) the
machine
> sometimes all the icons appear, sometimes (9 out of 10 times) only a few
will
> appear. How can I fix this, any suggestions?
> Thank you,
> Duane

February 4, 2005 8:41:12 AM

I turn off that feature hoping it would resolve the problem, its something
else.

!