Sign in with
Your question

Some programs cannot access the internet

Last response: in Networking
March 3, 2010 8:11:13 PM

Here's the problem. Some of my programs will suddenly not connect to the internet. They recognize there is an internet connection but they cannot actually access it. Windows Live Mail, FlyFF, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes anti malware. Help? I recently found out they work if I "safe run" them using kaspersky... but kaspersky still can't update ;/
March 3, 2010 8:18:00 PM

This is probably because Windows firewall is blocking the programs. First disable Windows firewall to see if this fixes the problem. If so, turn your firewall back on and add them to the unblock list. If not, then the programs probably use their own special ports that you will have to forward. Find out what ports they use (within the programs). If it comes to this you will need extra help.
m
l
March 3, 2010 8:32:06 PM

Firewall was disabled ever since I installed Kaspersky. (Months ago) This problem suddenly appeared yesterday.
m
l
Related resources
March 3, 2010 11:43:15 PM

Was any windows update installed? An update might have made changes to the computer that you might not be aware of.
m
l
March 5, 2010 12:48:38 AM

I don't have any restore points bedsides the auto-saved one (which is 1 day ago, and this problem started from 2 days ago)
m
l
!