Hardware problem.. can't point which component

Huvenster

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hi

I have some problems with my PC:

1) High ping (500+ ms) on speedtest.net, while my laptop is going 10-20ms surfing the same router.
2) HD disappearing, after a while when system is up (can be hours or minutes), 1 or 2 HD out of 4 is like shouting done, with a failure-like mechanic noise.
3) Video hiccups (freezes), the sound is going fine, all of the codecs. happens on all of the HD i have - not only on those that shutting done.

I formatted and reinstalled WIN 7 PRO 64 bit, only the ping problem is gone (3) the other two is still there.

the rack:

Intel Core i7-920
ASUS P6T SE
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB
ENERMAX LIBERTY 400WATT DXX

I know its have to be Hardware :cry: but how can i tell which component is it ? maybe the PSU/MB have power failures ? maybe the HD is whats wrong and the rest is okay ? I feel like on HOUSE MD - too many symptoms :heink:

Someone can please guide me what to do ?

Thanks
Huvenster

Huvenster

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
its not a repeating ticking sound its more like the hard drive is shutting down-going to sleep sound..

I did the "chkdsk /r" on all the drives - all good.

I did a another test, I wifi shared my laptop (which is fine) with the PC, i played couple videos that on the laptop in the PC and there were hiccups, and i played a video from the PC on the laptop and there where no hiccups, so what i conclude from that is the HD is not what making the hiccups problem, its either the graphic card, RAM or CPU.

how can i find the problem ? :(

Huvenster

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I'm right now in safe mode, the video is like with a LAG, like 10 fps instead normal, still freezes but different kind..
What its more likely to be ? the graphics card ? and the hard drive is shutting down without a connection to the video freezes ? RAM ? motherboard ?
Please help me.. its a new and very expensive computer for me.

Huvenster

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I have a Gigabyte Triton Case... I dont think think its heat issue but ill clean it out of dust tomorrow anyhow..
the GPU temp is 54-55 and with video running it rises to 66 (celsius), system 50, CPU 42, core 0- 49, core 1- 49, HDs - 40, 44,49.
and the bios ill upgrade but i haven't installed new hardware recently do its unlikely to help.

thanks for being helpful aford10 !