xtremegamer2da-max

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
ok so i was trying to get a hackintosh so i bought a computer off ebay and then i bought a hard drive the computer is an hp compaq dc5700 it has a 2 ghz intel core 2 duo cpu and the hard drive has 16 mb of cache its a seagate barracuda 320 gb with 7200 rpm so first i looked up instructions to install mac so i went into the bios and set boot order to cd-rom then hard drive then usb then network the next thing i had to do was change the sata emulation to ahci but it turns out my pc dosent have that option in the bios so i skip that and and download iboot put in on a disk and put it in my computer then i turn it on and it dosent do what its supposed to do so i push f5 and insert the snow leapord disk and it dosent work so then (since i didnt have a spare compy of windows and since i didnt want to get any viruses i decided to install ubuntu 12.04 so i went through the setup and installed ubuntu and then when i tried to boot it wouldnt boot so i restarted my pc and then went into the bios and it didnt detect it i inspected the hard drive and discovered that it smelled burnt especially on the bottom so then i tried it in another computer and it dosent work so i came to the conclusion that the hard drive is fried now all i want to know is why it fried