Sign in with
Your question

Graphic Card Crash

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2010 5:34:54 AM

Hello everyone. I bought a new graphic card for my computer, it works well but later on my computer crashes and my computer restarts, and when it starts up its says "windows has recoverd form a serious error" I have an option to "send error report" or "don't send". I tried to update the graphic card's driver but still no use, I also tried to change my OS to Vista but again no use. And also updated my BIOS version but no use.

MY COMPUTER:
Windows XP 32bit SP3
AMD Athlon II X2 240
2 Gb ram
MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 (Motherboard)
Sparkle GeForce 9400 GT 1024Mb

Can you help me please.

More about : graphic card crash

a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2010 6:10:16 AM

Try reverting to older drivers. Some of the latest nvidia drivers have issues with some users (namely crashing and rebooting).
m
l
April 27, 2010 9:22:11 AM

I uninstalled the driver that I downloaded from the NVIDIA website then I installed the driver from the cd that came with the box from the graphic card but still no use. Later on it still crashes.

I read something about a VGA BIOS, maybe you know something about it that might help me? Cuz my Live Update detects my VGA BIOS version is UNKNOWN.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 27, 2010 11:30:17 AM

Updating the VGA Bios should be the last resort.

You might want to try Memtest86+ first, you might have shifted dust on your memory when you installed the video card, and your ram might just need cleaning.

m
l
April 27, 2010 10:45:40 PM

Memtest86+? What is that? I don't know what it is.
m
l
April 30, 2010 3:33:30 PM

Where do I download it? How do I make it bootable? And how does it work?
m
l
!