Graphic Card Crash

Hello everyone. I bought a new graphic card for my computer, it works well but later on my computer crashes and my computer restarts, and when it starts up its says "windows has recoverd form a serious error" I have an option to "send error report" or "don't send". I tried to update the graphic card's driver but still no use, I also tried to change my OS to Vista but again no use. And also updated my BIOS version but no use.

MY COMPUTER:
Windows XP 32bit SP3
AMD Athlon II X2 240
2 Gb ram
MSI K9N6PGM2-V2 (Motherboard)
Sparkle GeForce 9400 GT 1024Mb

Can you help me please.
6 answers Last reply
More about graphic card crash
  1. Try reverting to older drivers. Some of the latest nvidia drivers have issues with some users (namely crashing and rebooting).
  2. I uninstalled the driver that I downloaded from the NVIDIA website then I installed the driver from the cd that came with the box from the graphic card but still no use. Later on it still crashes.

I read something about a VGA BIOS, maybe you know something about it that might help me? Cuz my Live Update detects my VGA BIOS version is UNKNOWN.
  3. Updating the VGA Bios should be the last resort.

You might want to try Memtest86+ first, you might have shifted dust on your memory when you installed the video card, and your ram might just need cleaning.
  4. Memtest86+? What is that? I don't know what it is.
  5. http://www.memtest.org/

Memory diagnostic tool. You need to burn it onto a cd and run it on boot.
  6. Where do I download it? How do I make it bootable? And how does it work?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computer Graphics