Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dead pixels - what to do?

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2004 11:19:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
i´m still hopeful.

Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
truth?


Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?

--
Vänligen Kerstin Käll
(The Cool Giraffe)

More about : dead pixels

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2004 11:19:08 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
back by themselves).

In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.

There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
completely avoided.

The Cool Giraffe wrote:

> There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
> Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
> i´m still hopeful.
>
> Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
> truth?
>
>
> Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 14, 2004 2:13:31 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

There are several classes of quality:
A class no more than four!! coharent pixels are dead up to sixteen may
occur!
B and C class
Sony, Dell and Samsung use A class. Only one is no reason to argue even
eight dead pixels which would be strayed over the display wouldn t be
accepted.
Related resources
October 15, 2004 2:09:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
>back by themselves).
>
>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.

This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!

Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
all!

Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 

>
>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
>completely avoided.
>
>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
>
>> There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
>> Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
>> i´m still hopeful.
>>
>> Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
>> truth?
>>
>>
>> Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 15, 2004 10:37:07 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:09:31 GMT, Vince <vince@lobo.com> wrote:

:>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
:><WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
:>
:>>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
:>>back by themselves).
:>>
:>>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
:>>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.
:>
:>This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
:>in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!
:>
:>Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
:>all!
:>
:>Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 

So you'd prefer to go back around 6 years when a Toshiba Tecra 700 series
laptop with a 12" LCD cost over $6,000 and comparable models from other
companies were in the same price range? I agree that the current policies
can be unfair but you can't use "current prices" as a justification for your
statement. 5 or 6 years ago when you had to pay over $6,000 for a top of
the line laptop your statement would have made sense, but not in today's
market.

me/2

:>>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
:>>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
:>>completely avoided.
:>>
:>>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
:>>
:>>> There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
:>>> Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
:>>> i´m still hopeful.
:>>>
:>>> Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
:>>> truth?
:>>>
:>>>
:>>> Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
:>>>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 16, 2004 5:46:16 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Re: "This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with
defects in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!"

Well, first, say it costs $25,000 to produce 100 screens ($250 each).
You seem to be suggesting that all imperfect screens should be
destroyed. Say that half of them are imperfect. The cost of the
screens would double. The cost of the screen is a BIG part of the cost
of the laptop. I seriously doubt that you would be willing to pay the
premium that would be required (hundreds of dollars).

But, more to the point, your screen WAS perfect, then some pixels failed
(after you purchased the unit). The cost of replacing the screen would
be even more than the cost of guaranteeing a perfect screen initially.

In the end, your view is simply idealistic and, if implemented, would
raise the cost of laptops TREMENDOUSLY.


Vince wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
> <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
>>back by themselves).
>>
>>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
>>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.
>
>
> This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
> in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!
>
> Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
> all!
>
> Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 
>
>
>>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
>>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
>>completely avoided.
>>
>>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
>>
>>
>>>There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
>>>Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
>>>i´m still hopeful.
>>>
>>>Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
>>>truth?
>>>
>>>
>>>Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>>>
>
>
October 17, 2004 2:34:10 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

You REALLY believe all that cost bullshit??

The figures are not known to you. Do you REALLY think they cost that
much to make??

See the 17" CRT Screens used to cost heaps, now they are so cheap and
they still have a profit.

They are REALLY ripping you off and giving you the spoilt and badly
manufacturered goods too. Good tolerance... and how they wish all of
us were that easy to please or rip off. I am afraid not so.


On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:46:16 GMT, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Re: "This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with
>defects in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!"
>
>Well, first, say it costs $25,000 to produce 100 screens ($250 each).
>You seem to be suggesting that all imperfect screens should be
>destroyed. Say that half of them are imperfect. The cost of the
>screens would double. The cost of the screen is a BIG part of the cost
>of the laptop. I seriously doubt that you would be willing to pay the
>premium that would be required (hundreds of dollars).
>
>But, more to the point, your screen WAS perfect, then some pixels failed
>(after you purchased the unit). The cost of replacing the screen would
>be even more than the cost of guaranteeing a perfect screen initially.
>
>In the end, your view is simply idealistic and, if implemented, would
>raise the cost of laptops TREMENDOUSLY.
>
>
>Vince wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
>> <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
>>>back by themselves).
>>>
>>>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
>>>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.
>>
>>
>> This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
>> in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!
>>
>> Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
>> all!
>>
>> Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 
>>
>>
>>>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
>>>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
>>>completely avoided.
>>>
>>>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
>>>>Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
>>>>i´m still hopeful.
>>>>
>>>>Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
>>>>truth?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>>>>
>>
>>
October 17, 2004 2:53:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:37:07 GMT, me/2 <null@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:09:31 GMT, Vince <vince@lobo.com> wrote:
>
>:>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
>:><WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>:>
>:>>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
>:>>back by themselves).
>:>>
>:>>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
>:>>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.
>:>
>:>This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
>:>in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!
>:>
>:>Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
>:>all!
>:>
>:>Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 
>
>So you'd prefer to go back around 6 years when a Toshiba Tecra 700 series
>laptop with a 12" LCD cost over $6,000 and comparable models from other
>companies were in the same price range? I agree that the current policies
>can be unfair but you can't use "current prices" as a justification for your
>statement. 5 or 6 years ago when you had to pay over $6,000 for a top of
>the line laptop your statement would have made sense, but not in today's
>market.

So you prefer to fork up to 3 times the price of a CRT for a panel
with 3 to 7 bad pixels??? I have seen lots of bad panels and they are
not nice, unless you got pretty bad eyesight.

Buying panels = costly GAMBLE = Not Fair

If you have a bad product you sell it cheap or withdraw it! I would.
I like Samsung and Sony, zero pixel warrantee and Samsungs are not
even more in price. LG, Acer, Dell (10 missing pixels), etc are the
ones to avoid on this if smart.

5 years ago aVoodoo card cost 10 times a GForce2 now that is better.
But there are not defective... so what is your point??>?
>
>me/2
>
>:>>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
>:>>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
>:>>completely avoided.
>:>>
>:>>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
>:>>
>:>>> There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
>:>>> Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
>:>>> i´m still hopeful.
>:>>>
>:>>> Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
>:>>> truth?
>:>>>
>:>>>
>:>>> Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>:>>>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 18, 2004 6:54:29 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Actually, the figures are known to me. For 7 years I was a Senior
Product Manager for Displays with a major US Fortune 500 company. The
cost BS is not BS. If you have to declare half of your products "scrap"
because it's not "perfect", the cost of the remaining production
doubles. As it is, panels ARE "graded" and different grades sell for
different prices. You can get panels that are guaranteed perfect on
delivery (a few pixels may still fail subsequently), but the premium for
them is substantial. The differnece is multiplied by 2x to 4x by the
time the complete laptop reaches the end user. Are you really willing
to pay an extra $400 to $600 for the exact same laptop, but with a
GUARANTEED "zero dead pixels" perfect panel? And, again, that still
doesn't guarantee against a subsequent failure of a pixel or 2. A
1024x768 panel has about 2.25 million sub-pixels on it. What's the
percentage defect rate for 3 bad pixels in 2.25 million?


Vince wrote:

> You REALLY believe all that cost bullshit??
>
> The figures are not known to you. Do you REALLY think they cost that
> much to make??
>
> See the 17" CRT Screens used to cost heaps, now they are so cheap and
> they still have a profit.
>
> They are REALLY ripping you off and giving you the spoilt and badly
> manufacturered goods too. Good tolerance... and how they wish all of
> us were that easy to please or rip off. I am afraid not so.
>
>
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:46:16 GMT, Barry Watzman
> <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>
>>Re: "This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with
>>defects in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!"
>>
>>Well, first, say it costs $25,000 to produce 100 screens ($250 each).
>>You seem to be suggesting that all imperfect screens should be
>>destroyed. Say that half of them are imperfect. The cost of the
>>screens would double. The cost of the screen is a BIG part of the cost
>>of the laptop. I seriously doubt that you would be willing to pay the
>>premium that would be required (hundreds of dollars).
>>
>>But, more to the point, your screen WAS perfect, then some pixels failed
>>(after you purchased the unit). The cost of replacing the screen would
>>be even more than the cost of guaranteeing a perfect screen initially.
>>
>>In the end, your view is simply idealistic and, if implemented, would
>>raise the cost of laptops TREMENDOUSLY.
>>
>>
>>Vince wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:46:15 GMT, Barry Watzman
>>><WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>Generally, there is no way to fix this (occasionally, dead pixels come
>>>>back by themselves).
>>>>
>>>>In this case, yes, Sony is telling the truth. It's fairly common. In
>>>>fact, many laptop screens have multiple dead pixels.
>>>
>>>
>>>This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell us stuff with defects
>>>in the first case and claim it is so imperfect!!!
>>>
>>>Notice the policy is always hidden in tiny print if it can be found at
>>>all!
>>>
>>>Luck of the draw is not good enogh, not at the current prices.... -:( 
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>There's really nothing you can do about it. You probably didn't "cause"
>>>>it, it's a form of manufacturing defect but not one that can be
>>>>completely avoided.
>>>>
>>>>The Cool Giraffe wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>There´s a dead pixel on my three weeks old vaio.
>>>>>Is it possible to resurrect it? It´s a grey one so
>>>>>i´m still hopeful.
>>>>>
>>>>>Sony claims that it´s common - are they telling the
>>>>>truth?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>Is there a simple way to cause dead pixels?
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 1:32:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

> I like Samsung and Sony, zero pixel warrantee and
> Samsungs are not even more in price. LG, Acer, Dell
> (10 missing pixels), etc are the ones to avoid on this...

Hmm... Sony doesn't have "zero pixel warrantee". At
least not in all markets. As far as i got informed, there
is no real rule for how many pixels can be diseased.
It's somewhere about "a couple or so".

Also - i agree with you about the pricing. 50 years ago
one would buy an airplane ticket to ridiculous prises
and then have a very loud, uncomfortable trip. Today
we are used and demand *cheap" tickets AND *nice*
traveling time.

--

Kindly
Konrad
---------------------------------------------------
May all spammers die an agonizing death; have no burial places;
their souls be chased by demons in Gehenna from one room to
another for all eternity and more.

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sense to be lazy
---------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 1:54:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Barry Watzman wrote:
> Re: "This "truth"/ fact stinks. They should not sell
> us stuff with defects in the first case and claim it
> is so imperfect!!!"
>
> ...all imperfect screens should be destroyed. Say that
> half of them are imperfect. The cost of the screens
> would double.

I'm not an expert on production issues but in my ears it
sounds like if you need to spend a little more on your
R&D if a half of the production is faulty.
Also, i think that Vince ment that they should be sold
cheaply if faulty, not destroyed. That contradicts the
doubling of the price since you sell the faulty part of
production elsewhere (at reduced price, of course).

> The cost of the screen is a BIG part of the cost of the
> laptop. I seriously doubt that you would be willing to
> pay the premium that would be required.

I gave 15 kSEK for my Sony Vaio. An LCD with the same
that my laptop has size starts at 2 kSEK. I'm assuming
it's the same kind of technology in both. That's less than
15% of the total price. I thought it was around 50% at
least, after i read your post.

--

Kindly
Konrad
---------------------------------------------------
May all spammers die an agonizing death; have no burial places;
their souls be chased by demons in Gehenna from one room to
another for all eternity and more.

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sense to be lazy
---------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 2:27:18 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

The Class Sony uses, as well as Samsung or Dell is A class
means you can have up to 7 dead pixels. But there must not more than 4
cohaerent of them.

I think it depends. In my case- i have two dead pixels n a SXGA+ screen- it
is no annoyance because of the extreme amount of the pixels. Would it d´be a
XGA I would not like to live with it, for they would be bigger and more
apparent.

>>I gave 15 kSEK for my Sony Vaio. An LCD with the same
that my laptop has size starts at 2 kSEK. I'm assuming
it's the same kind of technology in both. >>

Sony is not only selling you the panel. they also sell the HDD, the casing,
the CPU and so on. AND they sell you their development costs- including the
brand.
But if you look at it. You were willing to pay so much. Because of their
marketing aiming at lifestyle and emotions or their indeed good quality. If
I had to decide wether to spent some say 200$ more to buy the same from SONY
I would think about it as well. Their parts are mostly well assembled and
from well known producers- who have good reputations.

In the end, if you bought a notebook with faulty display you cann always
return it and swap for another or buy the same some days later...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 6:23:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Kai Grivena wrote:
> The Class Sony uses, as well as Samsung or Dell is A class
> means you can have up to 7 dead pixels. But there must not
> more than 4 cohaerent of them.

What does "cohaerent" mean? Adjancent?

>>> I gave 15 kSEK for my Sony Vaio. An LCD with the same
> that my laptop has size starts at 2 kSEK. I'm assuming
> it's the same kind of technology in both. >>
>
> Sony is not only selling you the panel. they also sell the
> HDD, the casing, ...

I do understand that. I only ment that Barrys claim that
the LCD is a "big part of the cost" feels somewhat
inacurate.

> But if you look at it. You were willing to pay so much.
> Because of their marketing aiming at lifestyle and
> emotions or their indeed good quality.

Not quite true. I was willing to pay for a good that had
zero late pixels (something i assumed was a standard).
SO, my willingness has decreased. Still, i'm going to
keep the computer since, as you said, there's more to
it that the LCD.

Yet, i felt disinformed. On the other hand, i got a free
MP3-player so... :) 
The issue, i guess, is that the next person who bought
the same model/brand paid equally much but maybe
he's got 5 dead pixels. Unfair. Maybe he's got no dead
pixels (even more unfair!).

--

Kindly
Konrad
---------------------------------------------------
May all spammers die an agonizing death; have no burial places;
their souls be chased by demons in Gehenna from one room to
another for all eternity and more.

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
enough sense to be lazy
---------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 6:23:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

"Konrad Den Ende" <tmp1@viltersten.com> wrote in news:cl300o$4fs$1
@news.gu.se:

> I do understand that. I only ment that Barrys claim that
> the LCD is a "big part of the cost" feels somewhat
> inacurate.

try pricing LCD screen replacements for laptops... they come pretty close
to the price of a brand new laptop.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 6:23:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

The best pixel policy in the industry:
"A Dead Pixel Policy to Die For"
Hypersonic Aviator mobile systems come with an industry-leading dead
pixel policy. Hypersonic guarantees that there will be no dead or
partially-lit pixels in the center screen area and no more than a
single dead or partially-lit pixel outside of the center area.
Additionally, Hypersonic offers a guaranteed no-dead/lit pixel option
on most models.
If you check the website, for $59.00 you are guaranteed a "perfect
screen".
Seems like a great deal.
LG
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 7:38:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Yeah cohaerent means adjacent.

>> I only ment that Barrys claim that
the LCD is a "big part of the cost" feels somewhat
inacurate.>>

It is. most of the costs go for development and marketing/ design. The least
for assembling and 'somewhat' for the components, where the panel AFAIK
takes a huge amount of that.

>>The issue, i guess, is that the next person who bought
the same model/brand paid equally much but maybe
he's got 5 dead pixels. Unfair.>>

The issues goes farther:
How about faulty components? How about one shipment of their Laptops has
serious problems or worst does have some which only occur in áfter warranty
has expired? See I have two, first I was really pissed, I paid more than
2400$ for it and then I had two bad pixels. Bad if you realize, that it is
not that big problem when having more resolution and when you compare that
this is just assembled by humans who themself maybe cannot buy one. Well,..
There is no real problem in this as long as my laptop keeps alive for say
three years.

BTW I did not receive aMP3-Player or anything else- this is unjust!! lol
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2004 8:36:36 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

RE: "As far as i got informed, there is no real rule for how many pixels
can be diseased."

Most, if not all laptop makers do have a written policy (not always made
public, but it exists at least internally). However, customer service
people often have some discretion in applying it, that is, they may be
allowed to make exceptions when it seems appropriate.


Konrad Den Ende wrote:

>>I like Samsung and Sony, zero pixel warrantee and
>>Samsungs are not even more in price. LG, Acer, Dell
>>(10 missing pixels), etc are the ones to avoid on this...
>
>
> Hmm... Sony doesn't have "zero pixel warrantee". At
> least not in all markets. As far as i got informed, there
> is no real rule for how many pixels can be diseased.
> It's somewhere about "a couple or so".
>
> Also - i agree with you about the pricing. 50 years ago
> one would buy an airplane ticket to ridiculous prises
> and then have a very loud, uncomfortable trip. Today
> we are used and demand *cheap" tickets AND *nice*
> traveling time.
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 20, 2004 3:29:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Well how big is the center screen?
In Germany, if you buy at certain shops you get an option to buy for 36$
(29?) a bad pixel test- so you as well get perfect screens. But that is
good, what hypersonic is offering so they produce good laptops?

One could start a thread, how many dead pixel screens are out there, and how
many don't have(including specs like size and resolution)...
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 20, 2004 4:56:26 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

....
> The issue, i guess, is that the next person who bought
> the same model/brand paid equally much but maybe
> he's got 5 dead pixels. Unfair. Maybe he's got no dead
> pixels (even more unfair!).
>

Sort of like flying on American Airlines.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 20, 2004 4:58:13 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

....

> Additionally, Hypersonic offers a guaranteed no-dead/lit pixel option
> on most models.
> If you check the website, for $59.00 you are guaranteed a "perfect
> screen".
> Seems like a great deal.
> LG

Velocity Micro is $49 for the same guarantee
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 20, 2004 12:47:20 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

> If you check the website, for $59.00 you are guaranteed a "perfect
> screen".

What this means is that if you DON'T pay the $59, you are virtually
guaranteed to get a dead pixel or two - because you'll be buying the
units that failed the "perfect pixels earn us an extra $59 per unit"
test.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 24, 2004 6:25:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Bingo!!! That's EXACTLY what happens!!!


"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe@larwe.com> wrote in message
news:608b6569.0410200747.35f034f3@posting.google.com...
> > If you check the website, for $59.00 you are guaranteed a "perfect
> > screen".
>
> What this means is that if you DON'T pay the $59, you are virtually
> guaranteed to get a dead pixel or two - because you'll be buying the
> units that failed the "perfect pixels earn us an extra $59 per unit"
> test.
!