Solved

Ocz vertex 3 and western digital wd1002faex help

Hello, i have a ssd ocz vertex 3 running my operating system on a BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 motherboard and i recently purchased a western digital wd1002faex. How do i set the WD drive to slave?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vertex western digital wd1002faex help
  1. SATA drives don't have master/slave settings. If the sata port is enabled in the bios, just attach the drive to an open sata port. Use disk management in windows to initialize the drive otherwise it won't appear in "my computer".
  2. Hawkeye22 said:
    SATA drives don't have master/slave settings. If the sata port is enabled in the bios, just attach the drive to an open sata port. Use disk management in windows to initialize the drive otherwise it won't appear in "my computer".

Okay so i did the hard drive initialize but i still can't see it in my computer. I'm stuck again.

3. Best answer
    Go back into Disk Management.
    Right-click anywhere under the Blue bar of Disk 1 and Quick format the disk.
    After the disk is formatted right-click again and assign the disk a drive letter (D: for example).
  4. Dereck47 said:
    Go back into Disk Management.
    Right-click anywhere under the Blue bar of Disk 1 and Quick format the disk.
    After the disk is formatted right-click again and assign the disk a drive letter (D: for example).

I don't have the option to format when i right click it

5. Create a Simple Volume first
  6. Dereck47 said:
    Create a Simple Volume first

Thank you it works.
  7. No problem
  8. Best answer selected by brealistic0.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital OCZ Vertex Storage