LCD screen blinks randomly

abbalinos

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Guys,

i been having a problem since i bought my new pc and connected it to a 40 inch LCD screen.
at random intervals, the screen blinks and comes back colored, with a shade of blue or pink (its like i am looking at an x-ray of the screen). it either goes back to normal, or i switch channel and come back again to the original channel and all is ok (always works).

PC specs:
CPU i7 980
ATI 5970
Windows 7 64 bit
256 SSD
Asus MB premium
Philips 9704 LED

i googled and posted lots of messages with no clear solution yet. all my items are brand new, and im almost 100% sure this is not a hardware related problem. i think there is a mismatch somewhere between the TV and the PC.

now i saw this article and i wana test although i have no idea what the guy was talking about. here it goes:

"make sure the EDID is properly set and that the HORIZONAL and VERTICAL REFRESH RATES are REPORTED CORRECTLY PER THE MANUFACTURER!

Your screen may be shutting off to protect itself. Properly reported EDID's and Refresh Rates to the Graphics Card FIXED THE PROBLEM!

any tips please that could help? and if not can u let me know how to use the EDID?

thanks in advance

fisshy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
I also Have no idea what hes Talking about, Just check all your connections and maybe try using a new cable...

Good Luck :D

(Nice Setup)

abbalinos

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
connections are all ok, i tried a different tv set and i had no problem. i sent my LED Tv to the repair guy (although it is brand new) and the guy coudnt find any problem with it, after playing a dvd on it for 2 hours.

so now im sure that both the GPU and the TV are ok. it is something software related, and im desperate to know the cause. maybe a mismatch between tv and pc, an incompatibility or something.

whenever i get that problem i can remedy it just by flicking channel and going back to the same channel again. always works.

please if anyone has got some more advice/tips, kindly drop them.