Sign in with
Your question

Replacing a Hard Drive

Last response: in Storage
July 20, 2012 2:09:13 PM

Hi,

My laptop's hard drive has just died and i got a replacement. I used easus partition master and todo backup to copy the asus pre installed recovery partition. I ran the recovery and installed windows with no problems. But when I try to boot from the hard drives the screen only shows a flashing line and does nothing.

I've checked my bios and the hard drive is registered and selected as the primary boot option but it still wont boot.

I've flash updated my bios and repeated the recovery process several times but it still wont boot.

What should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated

More about : replacing hard drive

July 20, 2012 2:18:27 PM

Well are you using the same hard drive? If yes then there is your problem, you need a new hard drive
m
l
July 21, 2012 2:19:06 AM

Rockdpm said:
Well are you using the same hard drive? If yes then there is your problem, you need a new hard drive

No I am using the replacement drive I bought
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2012 2:23:25 AM

Sounds like your partition of windows is corrupted. Any way you can reinstall windows and get access to your files?
m
l
July 21, 2012 2:28:25 AM

Rockdpm said:
Sounds like your partition of windows is corrupted. Any way you can reinstall windows and get access to your files?

I can re-run the recovery disc to reinstall windows.

Should I use another computer to wipe the partition first or just run the recovery disc?
m
l
July 21, 2012 4:30:27 AM

Try the recovery disc method first... If that doesnt help... try making a seperate partition
m
l
!