Dimitra

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hi all!
I am new member in the forum. I want to know if there will be any problem if in my motherboard, foxconn p43a i have 2 sticks of this Kingston memory and want to install other two of Cellshock. The Mhz are the same, the timings not but thats not really a problem. The only thing i can think right now is the voltage and the different chips of memory
Kingston Standard 128M x 64-bit Unbuffered
CellShock 64Mx8 Elpida DDR2 chips, 16 chips per 1GB module, double-sided configuration
Will there be any problem and the cellshock memory wont work an should?
Thank you :)

For a foxconn board, mixing ram brands could be a problem. The cheaper boards have fewer ram adjustments in the bios. The oem boards from dell and hp have none. Your motherboard manual may list single and double sided ram configurations. I say "may" as cheaper boards tend to have smaller or no manuals. Some newer boards have a simple sheet to get you started. They don't bother giving you a real manual. Saves on paper I guess.

Dimitra

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Yes it has single and double side configuration. Here i have upload the page from the manual that it says it clearly. I hope i could get them to work all the four having the kingston in 1 and 3 slot and the cellshock in 2 and 4 slot. So you say it will not work?

Dimitra

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

yes you are right, i guess i have to try and see..Thanks anyway :)