balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
If i buy the corsair 600t case that has a usb 3.0 port on it can I use usb 3.0 devices?
Or does my motherboard have to have a usb 3.0 port also to make it work? I'm about to buy a motherboard with no usb 3.0 but i'm thinking as long as the case has the usb 3.0 port I will be able to use it still. I just don't want to ruin my build to find out later i screwed up thanks.

1) You need a motherboard with usb3.0, or an add-in card with usb3.0

2) Download and read the corsair 600t manual. It should tell you what type of usb3.0 front panel connector you need.
There will be two types.
a. Since few motherboards have usb3.0 headers on the pcb, some case makers make a lead that exits the back of the case and plugs into the mobo back panel.
b. Internal connectors may be provided, but you then need a mobo with a matching connector. The case mfg may provide such a adapter.

3) What attracts you to that particulaqr case?

balearic

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
Thanks for a great response!

I like the 600t because I currently have a antec 900 which has no cable management holes between the motherboard and hard drive. The corsair has a lot of them, plus a huge cut-out whole for the back of the motherboard So you can remove the heat sink and add a new one later without taking the mobo out.
Also, I already bought the corsair H70 cooler, which doesnt fit well with antec 900. It just looks fancy all black inside without stupid LED lights everywhere. But anyway, thanks for telling me about the USB 3.0. I'll wait for the rerelease of the the P57 mobo with all those features.

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Buy the Corsair 600, it is a great case! It is also considered by experts to be one of the best mid sized cases in existence. If it is too expensive, take a look at the Cooler Master 690 Adv. II. It has great cable management and plenty of room for new/many toys inside.

What are you using that even runs USB 3? I have all new toys and none of them use USB 3. Good to have for future proofing though. As was mentioned already, you'll need a motherboard or expansion card with a USB 3.0 header on it but you don't have to have that when you buy the new case. Your mobo will have USB 2 on board for now.