AX8 V1.0 continuous beeping

dutkan

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
I have been using this motherboard for more than six years, and there weren't any problems with it till today. I have turned the computer on and it has appeared, the continuous beeping sound. Sometimes, it beeps for a while and the computer turns of and the beeping sound continues although the sound is not so loud , and sometimes windows starts but the sound is still present. Before that, there weren't any hardware changes.

There's a code that appears on the motherboard and stays there; sometimes it is 7F, 8E and at the moment it is 2.1. Motherboard speaker is unpluged at the moment because of the disturbance.

Latest BIOS is on. I have tried to unplug everything and plug it again. Tried with another graphic card, another power supply, different configuration (placement) of memory modules, start the computer without graphic card and HDD, but sound is still present. I really don't know what to do next...

Indy-Go

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
7F and 8E refer to your LED Jumpers. They need to be toggled to what specified in the Mobo manual you have. Get out the Mobo manual look for RST / HDD / PWR Jumpers and set them accordingly the names of the LED wires are on the Female end jumper on your Wire / Motherboard you connect it too .

dutkan

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
When I said I've unplugged everything, I did that too, unplugged the front panel LED indicators, power and reset button and plugged them according to the ABIT AX8 manual and the beeping sound is still present...

dutkan

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
When I turn on the computer, everytime after the ON-OFF cycle, at the boot screen, message is shown - system is running in fail-safe mode, please recheck - BIOS CMOS setup and I have to set desired setup in the BIOS again. This usually occurred when I've cleard CMOS memory...