Need help with $500 cdn pc build
One of the guys i work with told another friend that he can build him a wicked $500 cdn gaming pc. . i dunno really what kind of games he plans on playing but that is irrelevant right now. Can someone help me out with some specs that 500 bucks can get ya. dont need a monitor, keyboard or mouse.
I just built an i3 530 rig for a friend and unless you have some carryovers it will be near impossible for under $500.
My build was $646 all in with high quality parts including a CM 690II basic,OZC ModXtreme 600w psu,Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H,Gskills 1600MHz CL7/4gb,Windows 7 HP 64. and a CM Hyper 212+
The only carryover was a HDD,and an ok gpu.
Oh yeah and that was 3 months ago and Canadian built.
Btw the i3 530 is crazy fast. Although you might find a combo deal on an i5 750 and mobo and chintz out on the case and other stuff.
You should consider an AMD build on that budget though.
Okay, heres a hardware ONLY build for you AFTER shipping and taxes. You're going to need to either provide more money or an operating system. If you're willing to chip in another 100 it would be much easier to do this.
I strongly advise buying from newegg, even if you have to pay shipping because you wont find prices as good anywhere else. They get TONS of business so they can afford to sell things at such low prices (Also because they buy the products in bulk and most are OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturing)
1. Rosewill R220-P-BK Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $29.99
2. Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3250318AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - $46.99
3. COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS-500-PCAR-A3 500W ATX12V V2.3 Power Supply - $49.99
(SECTION 1 SHIPPING)
4. ASUS M4N68T-M AM3 NVIDIA Geforce 7025/nForce 630a Micro ATX AMD Motherboard -$59.99
5. SAPPHIRE 100296HDMI Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - $82.99
6. SONY Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1681S-0B - $17.99
7. G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-2GBNQ - $68.99
8. AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX240OCGQBOX - $59.00
(SECTION 2 SHIPPING)
Grand Total: $506.19
Came up with this with free shipping. Any opinions
G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ PC3-10600 2GB 2X1GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit
Thermaltake TR2 500W ATX12V V2.2 24PIN Power Supply with 120MM Fan
XFX Radeon HD 4770 750MHZ 512MB 3.2GHZ GDDR5 Dual DVI TV Out PCI-E Video Card
MSI 770-G45 ATX AM3 770 DDR3 CrossFire 2XPCI-E16 PCI-E 3XPCI SATA2 RAID GBLAN Audio Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X2 245 Dual Core Processor Socket AM3 2.9GHZ 2MB Cache 65W Retail Box
LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition ATX Mid Tower Case Black 4X5.25 1X3.5 4X3.5INT Front USB Audio No PSU
Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 8MB Hard Drive OEM
Sub Total: $477.16
Total After Tax: $508.54
should be ok for some decent gaming