February 22, 2011 6:57:59 PM

Hello, i have recently put together a new pc with the following specs:

I7 870
Asus P7P55D-E Deluxe
Radeon HD 6870
2x 4GB Corsair Dominator 1333mhz
XFX 750W Black edition

Running windows 7 ultimate 64bits.

Then I started having some trouble. Random applications started crashing and I started getting a screen flash followed by BSOD's with different errors, specially when I try to shut down the PC. (It's not everytime this happens though.)
I have all the latest drivers of my MB and VGA installed and device manager doesnt complain about anything.

So after checking out the reasons behind the BSOD errors I decided to run memtest86+ (newest version). I left it runing overnight with the 2 memory sticks in dual channel mode and it ran for about 8 or 9 hours. The one and only error found came up with about 30 or 40 minutes of testing.

Btw: my memory timings are hardset to 9-9-9-24 and voltage to 1.6.

Weird thing is, I dont get any BSOD while gaming, even after 5 - 6 hours straight.

A little help please! I am at work right now and my pc is running memtest again at home with only 1 stick in btw.

Important: Me and a friend got EXACT SAME COMPUTERS (except he got a HD5830) on the EXACT SAME STORES on the EXACT SAME DAY and he is having no issues at all without touching the bios (except to set the dram at 1333 instead of 1066).
a c 251 } Memory
February 22, 2011 11:03:47 PM

If memtest finds error it is a reason to RMA the ram regardless of how small it is, it is not getting any better over time!
m
l
Related resources
!