Sign in with
Your question

Minidump Blue Screen Problems!

Last response: in Windows XP
February 23, 2013 1:01:11 AM

Hello all,

I know there are many posts about minidump errors and BSoD's, but they have yet to help me and I've been told they don't always apply generally. I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3, and two months ago I did a reformat of my hard drive to hopefully stop my computers problems. They seem to have never gone away. I am fairly used to my computer randomly restarting, but as of now It has reached a point of unbearability. My computer used to hit a BSoD before I have to restart it, but now it has skipped that altogether. It just straight restarts, but the thing is, it takes FOREVER to boot up and when it does, I'm just at my desktop, except there are no icons, no start bar, nothing. All it is is a blue screen and my mouse pointer. I am able to open up Task Manager, but it doesn't really help. There's barely any processors. I'd estimate it takes 1.5-3.5 minutes just to load up my desktop and start menu. This used to not happen. I'm also hit with this everytime:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature
BCCode: 9c BCP1: 00000000 BCP2: BA344050 BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 1040080F OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product: 256_1

Error Report Contents
The following files will be included in this error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER61bf.dir00\Mini022213-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER61bf.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have run CCleaner, PC Keeper, system restore, etc. and cannot do anything to stop the restarts. It's horrible!! I just ordered a new video which has been delayed because of a storm, got my ArmA II OA CD key stolen from some douche on YouTube that gave me a fake fan booster, and lost my wallet, so I'm pretty pissed off as it is. I have this horrible urge to just toss my computer out the window and say to hell with it, but I know I can't afford to. If it ends up being an HDD problem, I have an extra brand new 1Tb HDD lying around so I could swap them, but I really don't want to because I'm planning on using it on a new PC build that I'm making. It mainly happens when I'm installing a game off of Steam or playing a Steam game, but lately has also been randomly restarting while no tasks are running (albeit not as often). If someone could give me a slightly dumbed down version, that would be even better.
March 8, 2013 2:13:31 AM

LeeCards said:
Hello all,

I know there are many posts about minidump errors and BSoD's, but they have yet to help me and I've been told they don't always apply generally. I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3, and two months ago I did a reformat of my hard drive to hopefully stop my computers problems. They seem to have never gone away. I am fairly used to my computer randomly restarting, but as of now It has reached a point of unbearability. My computer used to hit a BSoD before I have to restart it, but now it has skipped that altogether. It just straight restarts, but the thing is, it takes FOREVER to boot up and when it does, I'm just at my desktop, except there are no icons, no start bar, nothing. All it is is a blue screen and my mouse pointer. I am able to open up Task Manager, but it doesn't really help. There's barely any processors. I'd estimate it takes 1.5-3.5 minutes just to load up my desktop and start menu. This used to not happen. I'm also hit with this everytime:

The system has recovered from a serious error.

Error Signature
BCCode: 9c BCP1: 00000000 BCP2: BA344050 BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 1040080F OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product: 256_1

Error Report Contents
The following files will be included in this error report:

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER61bf.dir00\Mini022213-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\WER61bf.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have run CCleaner, PC Keeper, system restore, etc. and cannot do anything to stop the restarts. It's horrible!! I just ordered a new video which has been delayed because of a storm, got my ArmA II OA CD key stolen from some douche on YouTube that gave me a fake fan booster, and lost my wallet, so I'm pretty pissed off as it is. I have this horrible urge to just toss my computer out the window and say to hell with it, but I know I can't afford to. If it ends up being an HDD problem, I have an extra brand new 1Tb HDD lying around so I could swap them, but I really don't want to because I'm planning on using it on a new PC build that I'm making. It mainly happens when I'm installing a game off of Steam or playing a Steam game, but lately has also been randomly restarting while no tasks are running (albeit not as often). If someone could give me a slightly dumbed down version, that would be even better.

Sounds a lot like a power supply issue. Since you are building a new computer if you already have a power supply for it, try swapping it. It may fix your random re-starting problem. Soon as I replaced my power supply all these problems went away, been working fine now for two years.
!