Slow Shutdown XP Home

Charlie

Hello!

I have a consistent problem that has started to occur in the last
week or so - I fear it may have been the result of a Windows Update.
My problem is a very slow shutdown - gone from around 15 second to
more than 90, 'saving settings' is fine; the slowdown is at the
'windows is shutting down' phase. Xp does shutdown fine and the next
boot is as fast as it ever was.

At shutdown the only applications running are ZoneAlarm & AVG 7 -
same as before the slowdown occurred.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs
www.radiowymsey.org

Shutdown is very slow - Windows XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowshutdown.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:36i7jaF52uiufU1@individual.net,
Charlie <nospam@peartreegreen.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hello!
>
> I have a consistent problem that has started to occur in the last
> week or so - I fear it may have been the result of a Windows Update.
> My problem is a very slow shutdown - gone from around 15 second to
> more than 90, 'saving settings' is fine; the slowdown is at the
> 'windows is shutting down' phase. Xp does shutdown fine and the next
> boot is as fast as it ever was.
>
> At shutdown the only applications running are ZoneAlarm & AVG 7 -
> same as before the slowdown occurred.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated!
>
> Charlie.
>
> --
> Broadcasting to the environs
> www.radiowymsey.org

Charlie

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> Shutdown is very slow - Windows XP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowshutdown.htm

Wesley,

Thank you for the link, I managed to clear the slow shutdown using
UPHClean. The cause the problem was sorted by re-installing the
nVidia drivers for my MOBO when I discovered that my CD would not
burn. What deleted the drivers remain a mystery!

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs
www.radiowymsey.org

Charlie,

Glad you got it sorted out. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User