Sign in with
Your question

VPN over multiple internet connection

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2011 11:52:36 PM

hi , is it possible to make a VPN connection over multiple internet connection ?
if this is possible then you can make multiple connection transparent to other applications running on ur pc.

Thanks
October 30, 2011 11:48:14 PM

Can you please explain what you're trying to do a little more thoroughly? Your question doesn't make much sense, so please try to add some background info at the least.
m
l
October 31, 2011 12:15:27 AM

PudgyChicken said:
Can you please explain what you're trying to do a little more thoroughly? Your question doesn't make much sense, so please try to add some background info at the least.

The situation is . i have 8 internet connection with speed of 128bps. i want to make an aggregate connection to transfer media to the other side. ( HD video stream) . on the other side i have a high speed connection more than 1 mbps.

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
October 31, 2011 12:34:44 AM

So you're paying for eight 128kbps lines? You, sir, are wasting a lot of money. If you're paying for one line, you can only have one client saturate that line. You can't have 8 clients saturate that line @128kbps simultaneously, else you'd really have a 1Mb/s line. You also need to make sure that your upload speed is 128kbps not something slower, and you need to check out the difference between a bit and a byte.

Once you've checked all these out, depending on whether or not you have 8 independent lines there is perhaps a way to stream the media provided you have 8 clients. Or if you have a server with 8 different outbound connections each dedicated to a specific VM.

Simply put, there is really no way for you to do this with basic hardware. You're better off finding the media somewhere else online.
m
l
November 7, 2011 9:18:29 AM

in fact in our case, having 8 internet connectiosn is much cheaper than one 1Mbps. in addition to that in our location there is no 1mpbs internet connenction service from the ISP I know. I already know the difference between bps and Bps . I look for technology or protocol that support load balancing between n connection and on the other site can aggregate these n connections into one connection. I guess TCP/IP protocol doesn't support load balancing over single TCP connection. from computer scientific point of view there must exists a network layering protocol stack that can bring load balancing over multiple transport layer connection or there must exist a methodology to divide the transport layer connection into multiple network adapter by assigning each packet to different mac address without updating routing metric. probably the network layer should dynamically route packets from a Transport layer protocol to multiple adapter in round robin fashion or any similar scheduling fashion.
m
l
November 7, 2011 9:27:52 AM

PudgyChicken said:
So you're paying for eight 128kbps lines? You, sir, are wasting a lot of money. If you're paying for one line, you can only have one client saturate that line. You can't have 8 clients saturate that line @128kbps simultaneously, else you'd really have a 1Mb/s line. You also need to make sure that your upload speed is 128kbps not something slower, and you need to check out the difference between a bit and a byte.

Once you've checked all these out, depending on whether or not you have 8 independent lines there is perhaps a way to stream the media provided you have 8 clients. Or if you have a server with 8 different outbound connections each dedicated to a specific VM.

Simply put, there is really no way for you to do this with basic hardware. You're better off finding the media somewhere else online.

in fact in our case, having 8 internet connectiosn is much cheaper than one 1Mbps. in addition to that in our location there is no 1mpbs internet connenction service from the ISP I know. I already know the difference between bps and Bps . I look for technology or protocol that support load balancing between n connection and on the other site can aggregate these n connections into one connection. I guess TCP/IP protocol doesn't support load balancing over single TCP connection. from computer scientific point of view there must exists a network layering protocol stack that can bring load balancing over multiple transport layer connection or there must exist a methodology to divide the transport layer connection into multiple network adapter by assigning each packet to different mac address without updating routing metric. probably the network layer should dynamically route packets from a Transport layer protocol to multiple adapter in round robin fashion or any similar scheduling fashion.
m
l
!