I5-2500k best MB post chipset issue

datpapi

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Since the recall of most 6 series chipset boards, what is the best OC option to go for with the I5-2500k chip?

I'm looking to build a new gaming rig and definitely want to use this CPU. However, most earlier recommendations for boards are out the window as nearly all are no longer for sale.

Are there new boards out that are better to use? I still see older 5 series boards, but I don't know if those are worth getting or should I just wait? I've read that Intel has fixed the issue and that mfr's are shipping the fixed versions, but I've yet to see any online - have they changed the designation?

Price point isn't a HUGE factor at this time, I'm looking for suggestions. While a cheaper option would be great, I prefer to have a stable, reliable board that will let me OC this baby as fast as possible as stable as possible.

datpapi

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
What is the best MB to use with the I5-2500k board? I know the P67 series were suggested in the past, but obviously that has changed. Are there any boards out now that have the fixed chipset?

Price point isn't too huge of a deal, though cheaper is always better. I prefer to get the best board for OC'ing this CPU I can.