Solved

Semi-frequent Crashing Since Upgrade

Ever since I got my solid state hard drive (OCZ Agility 3 60GB), I have experienced a crash 1-2 times daily.
The computer freezes (normally all applications stop working and explorer.exe stops responding), then goes to a scrambled screen of a bunch of colors (shown in photo below), and sometimes goes to the BSOD.
HARDWARE:
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850
Intel i3-2100
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
4GB Ripjaws RAM (2x2GB)
500GB External HDD
OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD
OCZ 550W PSU
PIC of a crash:

Description: I was backing up a steam game from my External to the solid state, everything froze, switched to this screen, and finally went to the BSOD.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about semi frequent crashing upgrade
  1. Update the Agility 3's firmware to version 2.22.
    Also wouldn't hurt to update your motherboard's BIOS to version 2.3.
  2. Dereck47 said:
    Update the Agility 3's firmware to version 2.22.
    Also wouldn't hurt to update your motherboard's BIOS to version 2.3.

"-Toolbox will not update a primary system drive (e.g. drive letter "C:"). You must run Windows from another drive and then update your SSD using Toolbox."
    So, how difficult would it be to update it from a Linux LiveCD?
    I will also be updating the MoBo bios soon, when i have a chance to upgrade to Ivy.
  3. Best answer
    armedtoe said:
    So, how difficult would it be to update it from a Linux LiveCD?

It's easy. You download a .iso file and burn it to a cd. You change your 1st boot device in BIOS to your CD/DVD drive and boot into Linux. You then double-click an icon that says "Update firmware".
  4. Best answer selected by armedtoe.
  5. Sigh... Still crashed after the SSD update. Next I will try updating my BIOS. If that fails, I will just to a restore of windows 7.
    Any other ideas?
  6. If you do a fresh install of Windows 7 then Secure Erase the drive 1st to restore it to fresh-out-of-the-box condition.
  7. Okay, the BIOS update appears to have fixed it for now. If it happens again, I will refresh my Windows. Thanks, Dereck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Solid State OCZ Storage