Image Processing CPU

NewOC

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Hi,

I'm planning to configure a pc to help me in image processing. My only requirements are speed and memory and I can't go for options like intel i7 extreme. They're way too expensive. I was thinking of buying one i7 930 with a p6t deluxe and 6Gb ram triple channel. What's your opinion? I don't know if something like a faster dual core or something with less cores would be better for me. It would be great if I could get more or less the same calculation speed with less money. Apart from this I would like to start playing with OC :)

Thanks

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

If u want the best price/performance, go with AMD build. But If u prefer still with Intel i would go with an ASUS P6X58D-E that is a much better mobo or the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R.

Now for the AMD u can go with a 1090T X6 (six cores) and a Crosshair IV or Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 and get an amazing performance and OC capabilities.

NewOC

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
In my country (Portugal) the intel option would be cheaper. Are you shure about the motherboards? For example the crosshair has dual channel architecture.