Sign in with
Your question

Any partition alignment tool other than Paragon's?

Last response: in Storage
July 20, 2012 9:12:31 PM

I used Paragon Alignment Tool to align the boot partition on my SSD but it keeps telling me the partition is not aligned after completing the task. There are no errors.

Are there other similar tools?

More about : partition alignment tool paragon

a b G Storage
July 20, 2012 9:20:05 PM

I would love to read a tech write-up of whether this software does what it says it does... I don't believe it provides any benefit, especially on a Boot SSD.
m
l
July 20, 2012 10:09:42 PM

dingo07 said:
I would love to read a tech write-up of whether this software does what it says it does... I don't believe it provides any benefit, especially on a Boot SSD.

On my older SSD, it made a difference in speed before and after alignment. tech write-ups are available on their site. Are they biased... Iam not sure.

Companies like Dell, Toshiba provide alignment tools based on Paragon's tool with their hardware. I hardly believe they supply software if they don't know what benefit they offer.

m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 22, 2012 3:18:35 PM

why do you need a special tool? Windows 7 automatically aligns the partition during installation.
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:52:49 PM

It's not a new installation. I don't want to reinstall Windows, tens of apps and tens of undocumented by me system tweeks.
m
l
July 22, 2012 5:53:48 PM

The misalignment happened after doing a True Image restore on a new drive. I was able to get proper alignment after upgrading to True Image 2012.
m
l
!