Asus p8p67 deluxe bios question

asantesoul

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
Hey everyone on Tom's...just got a quick question before I update the bios on my board...I was told a few days ago that the newest bios for the P8p67 (deluxe) boards were not that great...is that true? And what is the best bios to acquire at the moment? I'm currently using whatever bios comes with the board directly from the manufacturer...so, please advise me as to which bios update is the most stable.. Thank you! :hello:

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
If the BIOS has been issued and is shown on the ASUS board, it is safe to use it. However, you should not download a BIOS update unless it addresses a problem you are experiencing. If everything is ok, leave it alone. In other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ask yourself, is my system stable right now. if it is, why change it. if you are having freeze ups and the like, update the BIOS...I hope it helps you.

I don't know anything specific about that board and its UEFI versions.

Since newer BIOS/UEFI versions typically have settings changes and tweaks to increase stability and performance, I always keep up to date. In 12 years of building my own computers and overclocking them, I haven't had anything bad happen because of a BIOS/UEFI update. I've probably been lucky though.