Hard drive Boot up Errors on restart

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
so lately my pc been giving me hard drive boot errors but the hard drive is fine done loads of fault checks and nothing wrong with it

this problem occures lot when i only restart the computer if u turn it off and then turn it back on this problem does not happen

not sure if its a power problem or what

or fact i has 2 HDD 2tb WD black Sata 3 and a 320GB WD SATA 2

do u think my hard drive is going out on me? it does not even dedect both sometimes how could both be faulty?

not sure if its something to do with sata 3 and sata 2 in one PC and power..i mean they both work fine so ... and i has a corsair 650w PSU

Solution
for anyone that wants to know for future, it was the controller's , for some reason sata 3 controller on lot Mobo suck and have issues, after swaping to native controller problem seem to be gone and never had issue since

canadian69

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
So the system BIOS isn't detecting the drives until you cycle the power, maybe there is a system BIOS update for your motherboard, check the manufacturers site and see if they have a more recent flash file for your mobo.

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
bumping this old thread to see if anyone got more insight to this issue, i have since replaced my motherboard and i inccounted this issue once again with same 2 HDD yet it seems to me it has something to do with the controller

if having sata 3 and sata 2 is bad ... if i recall correctly p67 got a call back for something about bad controllers for sata 3 and sata 2 or something but i do have a z77 so seems to me problem still exist? still using sandy bridge processor

bowzef

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
for anyone that wants to know for future, it was the controller's , for some reason sata 3 controller on lot Mobo suck and have issues, after swaping to native controller problem seem to be gone and never had issue since

Solution

Awais riaz

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014

Bro i have the same problem with my laptop , and i dont know how change controllers and all the stuff please guide me in detail thanks