Sign in with
Your question

Display problem..I'm clueless on this one! Help plz!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 27, 2010 11:19:23 PM

Hey everyone, I build my computer a little over a year ago and everything has been going fine..anyways..

My power went out in my building...I don't have a battery backup on my pc I just have a surge protector. I turn on my PC and everything is ok, so it appears. I start a game such as Team fortress 2, Call of Duty, Counterstrike, and my screen goes to the picture in this url >http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/920/img0899c.jpg < I was like wtf..Basically If use any kind of process which would need acceleration even then a full screen high res movie, the same thing would happen. I switch the plug into the 2nd port on my video card. It was fixed. A few weeks later the power goes out again, same display error, plugging it in either of the back does the same error.

So I pretty much forget it and just manage to watch dvds in low quality for a month or so because I don't have the money and/or time to get it fixed. 2 weeks, after about a month of not even attempting to open a game, I said what the hell....tried it and it worked fine..any game...anything.

This shows me that the problem can't be a permanent physical damage because it magically fixed itself after a few weeks. And also that swapping between ports in the back worked once, not the second time.

Things I have tried and failed to fix it include reinstalling vista, putting the card in the other mobo slot ( which the computer wouldn't recognize maybe you guys can also help me out with that so I can give it a shot) and reinstalling the drivers.

My video card is a geforce 280 gtx, psu is 750w, 6 gigs of ram. intel 17 2.66

Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!
April 28, 2010 1:19:34 AM

no one has any ideas? 25 views..anyone on this forum know anything?
m
l
April 28, 2010 2:11:21 PM

check ur ram , and use eraser to rub d shining side .. it may help..otherwise it is gfx card problem
m
l
!