Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Quick PSU comparison

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 7:21:41 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Which one is better? I prefer Corsair, but I need to build a computer for my friend on a really really low budget, and I have it down to these two. I feel like he will want more then 400w if he ever wants to upgrade to a decent GPU, and I'm pretty sure OCZ is good.

What do you think?

More about : quick psu comparison

August 3, 2010 7:32:23 PM

OCZ is a good psu company that makes good ram. I would build a computer with some extra watts psu because in the future he might want to upgrade to sli gpu combo or a better one that requires more watts
m
l

Best solution

a c 165 ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 7:45:13 PM

corsair is really a 450w unit that will peak at 490w so its not really your typical 400w PSU

the OCZ offers two less molex connectors, one more PCI-E, and is modular for easier cable management. they also have a rep to have louder fans (but not in every unit, its more hit and miss).
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 7:57:59 PM

Yeah, I like the single rail on the Corsair, but he gets a bigger combo deal with the OCZ it acutally ends up being cheaper, he doesn't have a big bad ass rig so I think I'm just going to go with the OCZ it seems decent enough, it has all the cables he needs, and his case has bad cable management so the modular PSU will help.

Thanks ct1615.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 8:00:00 PM

Best answer selected by Helltech.
m
l
a c 165 ) Power supply
August 3, 2010 8:20:25 PM

Helltech said:
Yeah, I like the single rail on the Corsair, but he gets a bigger combo deal with the OCZ it acutally ends up being cheaper, he doesn't have a big bad ass rig so I think I'm just going to go with the OCZ it seems decent enough, it has all the cables he needs, and his case has bad cable management so the modular PSU will help.

Thanks ct1615.

two solid PSU so you can't pick wrong with either one
m
l
!