I don't think anyone can answer your question honestly. The new boards with the fixed Intel chipset are just now hitting stores. But Asus is a pretty good brand. So you can wait for reviews or take your chances. Be sure to match your ram to asus qvl listing. If you can't find the new board yet on asus website, you may want to wait for it to be listed to match the ram. I use corsair, samsung, and gskill. All have worked fine for me. 1155 takes ram in pairs, not threes like socket 1366.

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
For everyday use, the ASUS P8P67 Pro or Deluxe is a good choice. If money is tight, any of the ASUS P8P67 boards below those will get the job done. Hey, good choice on the 6950, I just got one from ASUS and it rocks! Like o1die said already, buy good RAM cause the Sandy Bridge stuff will give you a major headache if you don't. Go to the site that makes the board you choose and print off the list of RAM that qualifies for the specific board. It is called the QVL or Qualified Vendor's List. Do not, I repeat, do not buy RAM that is not on the list, unless it is the same except for the GB size...eg: 2GB is listed on the QVL but you want to use a 4GB DIMM model of the same brand and model. If you need more help, post your questions. For specific brand recommendations, I always say Kingston. The reason is that Kingston makes some of the best RAM out there and rarely has issues, unlike so many of the "fancy" named stuff. To put it bluntly, Kingston works when a lot of other stuff doesn't.

Have a great day and I hope we helped you.

rooney10

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011

is this a good ram http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7025810&CatId=3473 ?