Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Battlefield 2 Bad Company + SLI 260 GTX + Nvision 3d

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
April 28, 2010 1:10:42 AM

Hello Everyone

I am having frame rate / quality trouble with Battlefield 2 Bad Company and my 260 gtx, 2 in sli, with nvision 3d. My current settings are:

Detail: medium
Texture: medium
Shadow: low
Effects: Medium
AA: 1
AF: 1
Vsinc: off
HBAO: off

I am able to play the game smoothly with these setting but when I set the shadow to medium level the game pulls to a crawl. When not in 3d mode I can have medium shadows but thats it.

I was wondering if anyone else has a similar setup to me right now who can play with better settings or are these cards just that out of date now that I shouldn't expect too much from them.

More system specs:
i720@4.2GHz
6gb ddr3 1600
SSD HD
197.65 driver version
WD-65867 DLP Display 1824x1030@59hz Custom
a b Î Nvidia
April 28, 2010 1:17:10 AM

if i recall someone had a similar issue with that game and SLI a month back or so, your best bet though would be to check the tech forum for that game.
m
0
l
April 28, 2010 1:19:39 AM

I know there were trouble with SLI a while ago, the latest driver just fixed and enabled sli for the game but I'll be sure to check the tech forum for the game thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
April 28, 2010 1:50:17 AM

you can call for a specialist.it is academic problem.
m
0
l
April 28, 2010 2:13:32 AM

true, you system SHOULD handle HIGH settings, AA 8, AF 8.etc
m
0
l
April 28, 2010 4:21:00 AM

Your monitor is very very weird to me or is it just my lack of undersatnding.

Why is it at 1824x1030? Also don't you need 120hz for smooth 3D. At 59hz, lets say 60hz. You would only get 30 frames per eye.

I would say any shooter at 30FPS would seem quite choppy.
m
0
l
April 28, 2010 1:54:39 PM

dahliah_james said:
you can call for a specialist.it is academic problem.


What do you mean call for a specialist?
m
0
l
April 28, 2010 2:02:45 PM

rofl_my_waffle said:
Your monitor is very very weird to me or is it just my lack of undersatnding.

Why is it at 1824x1030? Also don't you need 120hz for smooth 3D. At 59hz, lets say 60hz. You would only get 30 frames per eye.

I would say any shooter at 30FPS would seem quite choppy.


No, you don't actually need a 120hz for smooth 3d, let me explain. The 'monitor' is a mitsubishi dlp tv, that is why it can handle 59hz and be in 3d mode. The picture is essentially in 118hz, just that the signal is only in 59hz because its hdmi 1.4 which is unable to transfer 1080p120.

As for the custom screen resolution it is because dlp tvs sometimes overscan a little bit and nvidia is to incompetent, for lack of a better work, to just allow you to underscan so they have you create a custom resolution instead.
m
0
l
May 5, 2010 1:33:58 AM

anyone have any more ideas
m
0
l
May 7, 2010 7:42:56 PM

try setting the resolution with a fixed ratio.
m
0
l
May 10, 2010 7:18:30 PM

jeyd02 said:
try setting the resolution with a fixed ratio.


I tried this and it did not help, fps remained about the same and I could not improve any of the setting, got any more ideas?
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 10, 2010 7:40:37 PM

I don't use 3D stuff. However, I have an SLI GTX 260 setup, and run my i5-750 @ 4Ghz. So my system is somewhat close to yours performance wise.

I run BC2 @ 1920x1080 in both single and multi-player. With Fraps running I often see 70-80FPS (at least when I pay attention to it). I use all High settings, and have low AA/AF settings activated. I'm using the latest nVidia driver release (197.45).

You might go into the nVidia Control center and make sure that "SLI" is set to "Enabled". Sometimes with a new driver install it gets bumped back to "Disabled".
m
0
l
May 17, 2010 3:22:50 AM

jerreece said:
I don't use 3D stuff. However, I have an SLI GTX 260 setup, and run my i5-750 @ 4Ghz. So my system is somewhat close to yours performance wise.

I run BC2 @ 1920x1080 in both single and multi-player. With Fraps running I often see 70-80FPS (at least when I pay attention to it). I use all High settings, and have low AA/AF settings activated. I'm using the latest nVidia driver release (197.45).

You might go into the nVidia Control center and make sure that "SLI" is set to "Enabled". Sometimes with a new driver install it gets bumped back to "Disabled".


Thanks for the suggestion but SLI is already enabled but your fps really help alot, let me go and set my game to non-3D mode and I will try running fraps, I don't think it works for 3D yet and see if we are getting similar. Also just to clarify are you running two or three 260gtx and did you overclock them too?

m
0
l
!