HELP! Asus m4a785-m doesn't recognize Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 RAM

Hi all. I've been trying to make it work unsuccessfully. My new computer is:

Motherboard ASUS m4a785-m
2 Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 800MHz (2x2GB)
HDD Samsung 150GB IDE
AMD Phenom II 955

When I assembled it and turn it on, it begins but I never see BIOS info (i mean, i only see a black screen). Tried several RAM configurations: A1/A2, A1/B1, A1, B1, but nothing makes it work. A neighbor had a Kingston 1GB 667MHz, I tried with it and worked.

The only one thing I've not tested yet is upgrade BIOS version. Could it work? Or maybe something else that I can't see? Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about help asus m4a785 doesn recognize corsair cm2x2048 6400c5
  1. Try updating the BIOS and then clear the CMOS.
  2. That memory is in the QVL for that motherboard:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM3/M4A785-M/M4A785-M-QVL.zip

Corsair
    CM2X2048-6400C5
    DDR2 800
    4096MB(Kit of 2)

http://www.corsair.com/cm2x2048-6400c5.html

MRFS
  3. Thanks but sorry, it didn´t work. I have the latest BIOS now but nothing happens with Corsair. I think there is a terrible design problem, it seems the pins are not in a good contact to my mobo. I tried pushing a little bit more my RAM and it suddenly shows a different message:

Boot Block Compatible Version Ver.025
    Bad BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS Recovery...
    Checking for floppy...
    Floppy not found!
    Checking for CD-DROM...
    CD-ROM found.
    Checking for USB...
    USB not found.

and the same and the same.

I think Corsair has a terrible problem with this mobo because its heat dissipator. Any idea about this message? However, it still works with Kingston 1GB 667MHz :(
  4. @MRFS Hey, I looked at your link Corsair says "Guaranteed to work on all dual channel Intel and AMD platforms"... How could i ask for this warranty? I have 2 Corsair modules, I've just discovered one of them is damaged, as I saw today: it has one of its mem chips unwelded; and the other one throws the latest message I wrote. I bougth them from Amazon, but I'm not living in US now.

Dissapointed until now :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Corsair Motherboards