Sign in with
Your question

Modern Warfare 2

Tags:
  • Windows 7
  • Steam
Last response: in Windows 7
December 24, 2009 3:02:49 PM

Initially I downloaded MW2 via Steam as I was having script errors (common on Windows 7 apparently) However, after playing the game for a few days,it suddenly decided to the installation was incomplete and started to download a file. It fails with the recommendation to visit the Steam website for help. They have not as yet come up with a solution so can anyone help?

More about : modern warfare

a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 24, 2009 3:41:45 PM

Tried reinstalling MW2 from scratch? I don't know who told you these script errors are common Windows 7 either... I haven't heard one complaint yet.
m
l
December 25, 2009 8:01:48 PM

I cannot re-install MW2 from disc because of these Install script errors. However, I have tried re-installing the game via Steam,it takes 2 whole days!! Once again it failed to run with the same error. I am waiting for the solution from Steam.
m
l
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 25, 2009 8:31:53 PM

Could you post a screenshot of the error you're getting?
m
l
December 26, 2009 8:15:51 AM

I would love to,but I do not understand quite how to do this, am I thick or what?
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 26, 2009 3:18:15 PM

When the error appears, hit the Print Screen key, open Paint, Paste the image and save it as a .png file, then post that image here.
m
l
December 28, 2009 4:48:44 PM

I heard MW2 is horrible for PC and lots of people said they bought the game and hated it so much because of hacking/cheating that they just stopped playing it.

I hear more and more problems with the game. Almost bought it, too many bad reviews.
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 28, 2009 5:51:25 PM

I love MW2 on the PC. Yes, there are hacks for it, and I do use them, but only in Single Player mode, and only after beating the game properly. If people cheat in multiplayer, they deserve to be banned since they are ruining the game for others.

But we're starting to get off-topic here...
m
l
January 4, 2010 6:48:01 AM

The_Prophecy said:
When the error appears, hit the Print Screen key, open Paint, Paste the image and save it as a .png file, then post that image here.

Well, eventually Activision got back to me and its well, sorted sort of. The only way to re-load the game I have discovered is to open a dos prompt and re- install the game by changing the directory until I reach Steam. I then installed it using good old DOS! Before all this Steam and the game where removed and the entries in the registry deleted.Then I used MSconfig to turn off start-up items (not steam) and hide all Microsoft services. All this advice came from Activision. The game works but I presume I will have to try and discover what was stopping the game from launching.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2010 2:31:21 PM

am running MW2 and have no problems, but installation from a disk
m
l
!