Sign in with
Your question

ATX Full Tower Suggestions?

Last response: in Systems
June 1, 2010 7:25:43 PM

Well, the time has come for a case upgrade... and strangely enough, it's from a CoolerMaster CM 690 II Advanced case. :heink: 

Yes, this really is a great case, but it's just getting too cramped and hot with dual CFX and a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer. Now, I'm looking for something a little... well... a lot larger, that will hold basically anything I decide to put in it. Here's something to use as reference:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That Lian-Li Case will probably end up being what I get, and is close to the top of my price range. The Corsair Obsidian is really exactly what I'm looking for, but is just too much to pay for a case, and I was hoping to save a little money for a third 5770, SSD, sound card, or something else down the road. I do overclock, so something with a fair number of fans would also be nice. I don't mind LEDs, either, as long as it doesn't look like . That's just too much. Let's keep it under $200, too...

Any thoughts or ideas?

EDIT:
Here's what we have so far:

Cooler Master Cosmos S
SilverStone Raven RV02-BW
Lian Li PC-A70F
Related resources
June 1, 2010 8:29:20 PM

Yeah, I like both of those cases, although I'm not sure about the DF series... my only problem with getting the Haf is that it looks... well... like a gamer rig. Don't get me wrong, here... I do like that case and it has some really nice features, but I was looking for something a little cleaner, and without the mesh front. I'm checking into SilverStone right now... I really like aluminum cases, although you end up paying a serious price premium for them...

I'll keep the Haf 932 in mind. The Antec 1200 on the other hand... sorry, but I'm steering away from plastic and mesh bezels for right now.

I'll keep you updated on what I find, if anything...
a b B Homebuilt system
June 1, 2010 8:34:24 PM

The CM HAF X has usb3 front ports and wheels weeee!
Plus gpu ducting and some other goodies.
Although i like the Lian Li its classy and sexy all at once.
June 1, 2010 8:55:23 PM

I have the silverstone Ft02 and it might suit your needs, it is a smidgen smaller than a full tower on the inside due to the inverted design. I have the prolimatech megahalem in it and a single 5850. It runs very quiet. The only problem is fitting in anything bigger than a 5970 (which can barely fit and even then need to remove one of the bottom fan grills). I am suggesting this because you said you want something sleeker, and that one is definitely very elegant.
June 1, 2010 8:59:42 PM

The HAF X could be a good choice, well ventilated and easy to setup but it really looks like a gaming rig and... you don't want this.
I would recommend the Cosmos S then.
It's aluminium.
It has a clean look.
It's under 200$
Well, it has a lot of space but you should know this since it's a Full Tower ;) 

The only cons is there is way too much intake flow for the exhaust so you would have to **invest** into better fans. But that's not really a con since good fans are pretty cheap.

a b B Homebuilt system
June 1, 2010 9:22:25 PM

I'm a fan of these...
Cooler Master ATCS 840
SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW

I'm not sure were you got your information on the Antec 1200 but I don't have plastic and mesh bezels. They are made of steel, which explains why my case I like to carry to LAN parties ways 40 plus pounds! :) 
June 2, 2010 12:00:47 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure were you got your information on the Antec 1200 but I don't have plastic and mesh bezels. They are made of steel, which explains why my case I like to carry to LAN parties ways 40 plus pounds! :) 

Oh, well, you'll have to excuse my ignorance then. I've never used one in person, but it looked like it in the pics. ;) 

The Cosmos isn't that bad, actually... I think I'll stick that on my list. The Silverstone Raven, too. Sleek, sexy, and minimalist (ah, there's the word I'm looking for) - exactly what I'm looking for. :D 

I have looked at the SS Fortress series, but as of right now, I just don't want to put $230 into the case alone. Think of it this way - if I bought a $150 instead, I'd be saving $80, which is enough to buy a third HDD or a better CPU cooler with.

Any other ideas? There are over 500 cases on NewEgg, and I know only 80 are actual full-tower, but I'm sure there are other things out there.

So far, it still looks like I'll be going with the Lian Li case, though with some Red LEDs instead of the blue ones. Personal Preference.

I was looking at the NZXT Whisper, too. Does anyone have any experience with it?
!